Brutal Doom 64
Brutal Doom 64 is a gore-themed modification for GZDoom and Zandronum, currently being developed by Marcos Abenante (Sergeant Mark IV). The mod features new graphical effects such as smooth weapon animations, glowing particles and realistic lighting, recoil and "earthquake" effects onscreen, 3D blood animations, and more. Unlike Brutal Doom, this modification does not contain fatalities, focusing more on Doom 64's horror atmosphere. Brutal Doom 64 is compatible with The Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom.
- Revised weapon sprites
- New weapons (such as a grenade launcher)
- Enhanced enemy AI
- Revised Doom 64 maps
- Two player classes: "Classic" (for the original gameplay experience) and "Tactical" (includes an assault rifle, reloading mechanism, and possibly sprinting)
- The classic enemies (such as the revenant). Arch-viles will most likely be not included.
- New enemies (such as the Hell hound)
- 64-player multiplayer support: co-op, survival co-op and deathmatch
- Most content that was cut from Doom 64
- New sky backgrounds
- Fists: No executions when using a Berserk Pack.
- Chainsaw: Now has ammo.
- Pistol: Increased firing rate and possibly increased damage.
- Shotgun: Pump action based on Doom's shotgun. Possibly increased damage.
- Super shotgun: Break action, based on Doom's super shotgun. Increased damage. Alt-fire fires one barrel
- Chaingun: Longer barrel and a faster firing rate. Possibly increased damage.
- Rocket launcher: Rockets are affected by gravity over long distances.
- Plasma gun: Unknown.
- BFG 9000: Now deals splash damage, it is possible to kill yourself using it.
- Unmaker: Now has its own ammo system.
- Lasergun: Concentrated beam that delivers decent damage.
Enemy AI changes
- Zombieman: New sprites showing a pistol in the hands of zombiemen.
- Shotgun guy: Unknown.
- Imp: Increased walking speed and fireball speed. Possibly increased fireball damage and faster melee attack.
- Nightmare imp: Extremely fast. Invisible until it is stops moving or is idle. Possibly faster attack sequence.
- Pinky: Faster walking speed and attack sequence.
- Spectre: Faster movement. Invisible until it is stops moving or is idle. Possibly faster attack sequence.
- Cacodemon: Unknown.
- Pain elemental: Unknown.
- Lost soul: Unknown.
- Mancubus: Unknown.
- Revenant: Unknown.
- Arachnotron: Faster.
- Spider mastermind: New sprite that looks like a larger Anarchnotron with a skull based face.
- Cyberdemon: Unknown.
- Mother Demon: Unknown.