CDoom is a set of four Doom source ports for DOS by Carlos Guariglia. Version 1.9 is a clone of doom2.exe, version 2.05 is based upon MBF, and version 2.06 addresses sound bugs, but is only in French. Version 2.07, the latest version, introduced slopes and destructible geometry. All releases are compiled with DJGPP and should be played under DOS or with DOSBox, due to sound problems running under recent 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows.
Features in v1.9
- The -finalcomp parameter, used to play back demos recorded with the doom2.exe that is supplied with Final Doom.
- According to the README, CDoom claims to be the smallest engine in Doom history in terms of file size.
Features in v2.x
- "True 3D" gameplay, including 3D floors
- Supports jumping, flying, swimming, and crouching
- Extra cheat commands
- Generation of missing blockmaps
- Uncapped framerate
- Compatibility with doom2.exe demos
- New music engine based on MUSPLAY code that supports OPL3 and MPU-401 playback similar to DMX
- Cheats are available in Nightmare! skill level
- Sprites are not clipped properly with 3D floors and some slope angles.
- Sound mixing and playback is in mono only.
- Certain mouse drivers may not work properly, including older Logitech DOS drivers.
|Source code genealogy|
Linux Doom 1.10