The 12th Annual Cacowards, also referred to as Cacowards 2005, was the second annual Cacowards feature, released by Doomworld on December 10, 2005. Like the previous edition, it was written by Stephen Browning (Scuba Steve) and illustrated by Mike Lightner (Mancubus II). Bill Koch (Bloodshedder) contributed the foreword.
There were only two runners-up this year, and no honorable mention as such, although one mod was given a What the Hell!? special prize. Some additional content started to appear in the sidebar, such as a "WAD scramble", and the "Did You Know?" notes began their traditions of marking anniversaries of the Action Doom series and pointing out that Mordeth and Millennium were still unreleased.
- Simplicity - Melissa McGee (Agent Spork) ( )
- Scythe 2 - Erik Alm ( )
- HeDRoX - Rodrigo Acevedo (ElRodo) ( )
- Suspended in Dusk - Esa Repo (Espi) ( )
- Kama Sutra - Adolf Vojta (Gusta) and Jakub Razak (_MethoD_) ( )
- Congestion 1024 - Various Authors ( )
- Hi-Tech Hell 2 - Alien Tech - Simo Malinen ( )
- Temple of Chaos 2 - Warped Reality - Melissa McGee (Agent Spork) ( )
- Crimson Canyon - Jeffrey Graham (psyren) ( )
- Total Control - Ronald Lubbelinkhof (Dutch Devil) ( )
What the Hell!?
Best DM Level
- 1994 Wads - Too Many to Name