Castle of the Renegades
|Castle of the Renegades|
This level occupies the map slot E2M1. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E2M1.
This level occupies the map slot MAP01. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:MAP01.
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
Castle of the Renegades is a Doom level created by Scott F. Crank in November 1994, then ported and adapted to Doom II in February 1995. It uses for soundtrack Jean Michel Jarre's "Industrial Revolution" song, transcribed to MIDI by Brian Havis.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
The secret sectors are the same in both versions.
- Once you open the door just past the prison area, enter the room just to the left of that area and open the northern wall instead of the door. Follow the steps to a backpack. (sector 188)
- In the plus-shaped courtyard, step into the blood pools to access the outer staircases, then head south and westward all the way until you reach the cacodemon (pain elemental in the Doom II version) cage. Open the next marble face to find two medikits and two boxes of shotgun shells. (sector 459)
- At the area with the lava pool, walk along the ledge going southwest and a door should open. Run back the way you came, going up the steps to a new opening you will see to your right. Take this passage until you see a zombieman coming out from the wall. Go through that wall to discover a teleporter, which leads to a megaarmor on the outside of the castle. (sector 541)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the Doom version of the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||0:08.77||Billa||2023-05-19||caslotrp877.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||11:37.71||Michael Novikov||2003-01-12||caslotr-1137.zip|
|UV pacifist||0:08.77||Billa||2023-05-19||caslotrp877.zip||Also Reality|
|Stroller||0:22.23||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2018-04-27||caslotrstr022.zip|
The records for the Doom II version of the map are:
|UV speed||0:09.80||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2019-07-11||caslotr2p980.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV pacifist||0:09.80||Graham Burgess (Grazza)||2019-07-11||caslotr2p980.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on May 27, 2023.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 257 in Doom version, thing 251 in Doom II version)
- facing north. (thing 260, 254)
- facing west. (thing 261, 255)
- facing east. (thing 268, 262)
Doom II version
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: