Castle to Hell
|Castle to Hell|
|The starting area|
This level occupies the map slot E1M1. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M1.
This level appears on Maximum Doom as HELLCAS2.WAD.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Open the first two doors and open the wall directly to the north to find armor bonuses, a green armor, shotgun shells, a box of shotgun shells, and a medikit. (sector 9)
- In the same big room, open the west door, then open the southwest wall with slime to find a hidden hall. You can head up to get an armor bonus, a chaingun, and a box of ammo, or south to get a box of ammo, shotgun shells, a stimpack, and a medikit. (sector 85)
- Get the blue key, then return to the room to the north to get a BFG9000 and an energy cell pack. (sector 177)
- After entering Secret #3, go back to where the blue key was and use the switch. Return to the north room and head into the southwest alcove. Go on the south floor and it will rise, leading to armor bonuses and a soul sphere. (sector 178)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on May 5, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 296)
- facing west. (thing 297)
- facing west. (thing 298)
- facing west. (thing 299)