Central Processing: Processing Distribution Center
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/cpu|
Central Processing: Processing Distribution Center is the twenty-second level of Doom 3.
The level begins with a brief cutscene showing Jack Campbell hunting for Sergeant Kelly in the CPU Complex. The effects of the twisted demonic growth in the base are evident here.
In order to gain access to the facility's Primary Server Bank, the marine must find a replacement door panel to fix a security door near the start of the level. The replacement door panel is located at the top level of Lab A. However, Lab A itself is locked up, so the marine must retrieve Tony Bates' PDA which contains the codes for Lab A. After obtaining the PDA from Security Monitoring and using the codes (627) to access Lab A, the marine makes his way to the upper floor and finds the replacement door panel. He then returns to the entrance, fixes the security door and gains access to an elevator that leads down to the Primary Server Bank.
Just outside the entrance to the Primary Server Bank, the marine runs into a wounded Campbell, who reveals that Sergeant Kelly ambushed him and took his gun, the BFG 9000, and then dies. The voice of Sergeant Kelly taunts the marine, saying, "I killed that pathetic bodyguard. And now I will kill you."
- Entrance Checkpoint
- Main Entrance Hall
- Office 1
- Office 2
- Security Monitoring Entrance
- Security Monitoring
- Lab A Entrance
- Lab A Lower Floor
- Lab A Meeting Room
- Elevator 1
- Lab A Upper Floors
- Elevator 2
- Lab A Upper Floor Offices
- Office 3
- Elevator Access Hall
- Elevator 3
- Obtain access codes
- Obtain access codes for Lab A
- Obtain replacement door panel
- Find replacement door panel in Lab A to gain access to Data Library
- Charlie Haskell. Found in Lab A Meeting Room.
- Tony Bates. Found in an unlockable maintenance storage hatch in Security Monitoring. The hatch can be unlocked by using one of the control panels in the same room.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran. There are no changes in enemy amount in the BFG Edition.
* Some of the cherubs are spawned by the arch-viles, thus their amount can vary. Here only number of distinct spawn points is shown.
The item count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran, except the med kits are absent. There are no changes in the amount of items in the BFG Edition.
|Med kit (small)||1|
|Med kit (large)||5|
|DLib replacement panel||1|
There are three health stations on the level, one with 80 health, one with 50 health, and one with 30 (in BFG Edition two have 100 health and one has 50 health).
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items:
- Storage locker #452 - Heavy Weapons: 571. Contains: rocket launcher, hand grenades, rockets (small).
- Storage locker #669 - Ammunition: 468. Contains: security armor, hand grenades, cells (small) x2.
- In Security Checkpoint at the start of the level one can use a computer panel to open a security locker that contains an armor vest.
- In the final room with Campbell in it, there is a missing panel on the floor with a vent shaft leading to a room with lots of supplies.