Chambers of Dis
|Chambers of Dis|
|Add a screenshot and caption|
|This article about a map is a stub. Please help the Doom Wiki by adding to it.|
Chambers of Dis is a single-level PWAD created by Trey Azagthoth, the founder, guitarist, and lead songwriter for the American death metal band Morbid Angel. The level requires a ZDoom compatible source port.
The level can be downloaded off the Morbid Angel website. This version is a zip archive that contains an outdated version of ZDoom, an illegal copy of the Doom II IWAD, some skins and finally the map itself.
Azagthoth created his level piecemeal in-between writing and recording the 2003 Morbid Angel album Heretic. The level gets its name from a song title off Morbid Angel's 1998 album Formulas Fatal to the Flesh.
The level itself is quite large with many powerful monsters. It also includes various structures and effects, such as an area where the player walks in the sky and a faceless Icon of Sin that only contains a monster spawner, which unleashes spawn cubes in eight spawn spots around the map.
After being told that the level was considered too hard to be completed, Azagthoth went back and edited the map, removing many of the stronger monsters and adding more ammo and health items.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- In the central hall, take one of the south doors, then head east to the corpses. Go through the wall there to get a chainsaw, boxes of ammo, a box of shotgun shells, rockets, a berserk pack, and a soul sphere. (sector 104)
- Head southeast from the soul sphere at the northwest end, then go through the northeast wall to find a megaarmor. Through more fake walls, you can find an invulnerability to the southeast. Another invulnerability at the northwest end has a teleport line in front of it taking you to a trap. (sector 136)
- Take the door northwest of the start, then in the nukage, jump to the radiation suit to the north. Run and jump west to a red platform containing a megaarmor, medikits, boxes of ammo, and boxes of shotgun shells. (sector 156)
- Enter the large nukage area at the southwest end and as it lowers, go to the southeast end. You can find a blue key and a radiation suit here. (sector 287)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
Inspiration and development
- Chambers of Dis at Doomworld/idgames (legalized version with IWAD removed)