Chasm Control is a single-level PWAD for Doom that came out in May 2015. It was designed by Christian Hansen, as a submission for a contest held by Buckshot on the forums of Doomworld. Another map was submitted by Doomkid, who became the winner of the contest. Its goal was to design a classic Doom map featuring outdoor areas in the style of a blend of E1M8: Phobos Anomaly, E3M6: Mt. Erebus and E3M8: Dis; the prize for the winner was a copy of D!ZONE Collectors Edition, formerly owned and signed by John Romero with a custom message which states: "Keep DOOMing! -John Romero."
As for the map itself, it is actually a revamped version of a 2000 map by Christian Hansen named The Unknown Chasm, and converted from Doom II to Doom. It requires a Boom-compatible source port, and it uses the music track "The Imp's Song". A further revamped version of this map was later released as E2M5: Chasm Control in the complete episode 2 replacement named Monument.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- Open the cave at the start and head to the northwest bloody wall. Lower it to get a chaingun. (sector 25)
- Enter the building on the west side of the main area and take the lift at the north side up. From here you can get a rocket launcher and a green armor. (sector 153)
- In the building at the north end, jump north to the platform and the BFG9000 will lower. (sector 269)
- In the main area, use the southwest wall with the lion face to find a backpack, armor bonuses, and stimpacks. (sector 332)
- On the set of blocks at the southeast end, fall to the south to get a berserk pack. (sector 335)
- On the northwest platform, jump to the northwest hole to get a radiation suit. (sector 351)
- This secret is the outer corner of Secret #6, but it is too small to register. (sector 352)
- This secret and Secret #9 are the cliffsides at the east end of the level and are not accessible. (sector 356)
- See Secret #8. (sector 357)
- Secret sectors 352, 356 and 357 are placed outside the playable area. Therefore, it is not possible to receive credit for them, unless the player cheats to enable the no clipping mode. All in all, the maximum possible secrets percentage on this level is 66%.
- The back sidedef 2759, which belongs to the linedef 1791, lacks its lower texture, which generates a minor hall of mirrors effect.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on November 30, 2021.