Chocolate Doom Plus
|Chocolate Doom Plus|
|Codebase||Linux Doom 1.10|
|Initial release||0.0.1 (2005-09-07, 16 years ago)|
|Latest release||2.2.1 (2021-09-05, 11 months ago)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
It provides significantly increased static limits to reduce the risk of crashes, premature program exits and certain visual problems, while maintaining full compatibility with Chocolate Doom. It allows several WADs to be playable in the vanilla engine that previously required a limit-removing source port to be run.
Because these enhancements are against the philosophy of Chocolate Doom which denote full vanilla compatibility, any builds of Chocolate Doom with Doom-plus enhancements are not created by the official Chocolate Doom team.
Because the Doom-plus enhancements can be freely applied to Chocolate Doom but the official team does not provide compiled builds for the reasons given above, various authors have over time created their own forks. These contain merely raised limits for Doom and Doom II on various versions of Chocolate Doom.
An exception exists for Sprinkled Doom. This effort, led by Adam Bilbrough (Gibbon) keeps the codebase on par with Chocolate Doom development and raises the limits not only for Doom and Doom II, but also for Hexen, Heretic and Strife.
Chocolate Doom Plus
Archy created a build of Chocolate Doom Plus based on version 1.6.0 on March 17, 2013 in this. It has since been defunct.
AxDoomer created two builds of Chocolate Doom Plus, based on version 2.1.0.
- A bleeding edge build for Windows on February 26 and February 27, 2015 in this Windows XP compatible build in this . Both are based on commit r2748. and a
- A build for Windows on January 31, 2016. Called CDHP, it also includes Chocolate Heretic Plus in this . This build is based on commit r5278.
- A build based on version 2.2.1 with a toggle to enable Doom-plus limits in the setup program was shown in this from November 20, 2016.
- Adam Bilbrough (Gibbon) built the latest version of Chocolate Doom Plus on September 5, 2021. This was based on version 2.2.1 and represents the state of the code as shown in the above post. It includes a toggle to activate Doom-plus limits, but is otherwise intact. It was built for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Intel based Apple Mac models.
Bruce created a build of Chocolate Doom Plus based on version 1.7.0 on April 24, 2013 in this. It has since been defunct. Unlike most versions, his build had a few enhancements:
- A -no_disk option to disable disk icon graphics
- A OpenGL 1.1 based scaler to scale the native resolution from 320x200 to up to 1920x200
Andrey Budko (entryway) created a build of Chocolate Doom Plus based on version 1.6.0 on March 17, 2013 in this . It has since been defunct.
Lemon Doom was a build of Chocolate Doom Plus released on November 19, 2016. It backported the features from the then-latest release of Crispy Doom. Its last update was on February 18, 2017. Its repository is deleted, but it was mentioned in this and this .
Toffee Doom was a build of Chocolate Doom Plus based on version 2.2.1. It is effectively the same as AxDoomer's latest Chocolate Doom Plus build, except it does not contain the toggle to enable the Doom-plus limits. They are activated by default. The latest commit was on April 29, 2016.
- Adam Bilbrough built the latest version of Toffe Doom on September 5, 2021. It was built for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Intel based Apple Mac models.
Sprinkled Doom is a build of Chocolate Doom Plus based on the latest in-development version of Chocolate Doom. It is maintained by Adam Bilbrough.
The following static limits are raised in a build of Chocolate Doom with Doom-plus enhancements:
limit : old * k = new ------------------------------------------------------- visplanes[MAXVISPLANES] : 128 * 8 = 1024 drawsegs[MAXDRAWSEGS] : 256 * 8 = 2048 SAVEGAMESIZE : 180224 * 16 = 2883584 activeplats[MAXPLATS] : 30 * 256 = 7680 vissprites[MAXVISSPRITE] : 128 * 8 = 1024 linespeciallist[MAXLINEANIMS] : 64 * 256 = 16384 openings[MAXOPENINGS] : 16384 * 4 = 65536
- AxDoomer's Chocolate Doom Plus 2.2.1 build, Toffee Doom and Sprinkled Doom binaries, hosted by GitHub
- AxDoomer's Chocolate Doom Plus r2748 build, hosted by MediaFire
- AxDoomer's Chocolate Doom Plus r2748 for Windows XP, hosted by MediaFire
- AxDoomer's CDHP (Choco/Heretic-Plus) build, hosted by MediaFire
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|Chocolate Doom||Chocolate Doom Plus||Sprinkled Doom|