Screenshot of Chocorenderlimits showing visplane borders
|Initial release||2011-02-26 (8 years ago)|
|Latest release||2012-05-20 (6 years ago)|
|Available in||English (United States)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
|IRC Channel||OFTC #remood|
Chocorenderlimits is able to display the following information:
- Player position and orientation.
- Count of moving platforms (see Moving platforms limit).
- Count of visible sprites (see Visible sprites limit).
- Count of openings.
- Count of drawsegs (see Drawsegs overflow).
- Count of visplanes and the maximum count achieved (see Visplane overflow).
Along with that, you are also able to:
- Teleport to the location where the visplane count maximized.
- Draw the visplanes in view with either a border or a solid fill.
- Brute force the level and show locations where overflows are the most likely to occur.
RestlessRodent has retired from maintaining Chocorenderlimits. The state of the project has been preserved in a render-limits branch within the Chocolate Doom source code repository, but is still in need of maintainer(s).
Julian Nechaevsky ported Chocorenderlimits to SDL2 in a fork which is focussed on Windows.
- Chocorenderlimits page (archived 🗺)
- render-limits branch in the Chocolate Doom GitHub repository
- JNechaevsky's port to SDL2
|Source code genealogy|