Screenshot of Chocorenderlimits showing visplane borders
|Initial release||2011-02-26 (9 years ago)|
|Latest release||2012-05-20 (8 years ago)|
|Available in||English (United States)|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
|IRC Channel||OFTC #remood|
Chocorenderlimits is able to display the following information:
- Player position and orientation.
- Count of moving platforms (see Moving platforms limit).
- Count of visible sprites (see Visible sprites limit).
- Count of openings.
- Count of drawsegs (see Drawsegs overflow).
- Count of visplanes and the maximum count achieved (see Visplane overflow).
Along with that, you are also able to:
- Teleport to the location where the visplane count maximized.
- Draw the visplanes in view with either a border or a solid fill.
- Brute force the level and show locations where overflows are the most likely to occur.
RestlessRodent has retired from maintaining Chocorenderlimits. The state of the project has been preserved in a render-limits branch within the Chocolate Doom source code repository, but is still in need of maintainer(s). The latest version is based on Chocolate Doom 1.5.0.
Julian Nechaevsky ported Chocorenderlimits to SDL2 in a fork, based off Chocolate Doom 3.0.0 which is focussed on Windows.
- Chocorenderlimits page (archived 🗺)
- Chocorenderlimits 1.5.0 binary from RestlessRodent (archived 🏛)
- DRD forums topic with older binary
- render-limits branch in the Chocolate Doom GitHub repository
- JNechaevsky's port to SDL2, version 3.0
|Source code genealogy|