A city map is a level design themed around a modern urban landscape. Doom II explored this theme in its second episode, from MAP12: The Factory to MAP16: Suburbs, though these maps are quite heavily abstracted.
Designs found in city maps
- Road vehicles such as cars and trucks.
- Apartment complexes.
- Office buildings.
- Industrial plants.
- Metro stations.
- Dawn of Reality
- Doom City
- MAP13: Downtown from Doom II
- MAP28: HeLLport from the Japanese Community Project
- Monster Hunter Ltd. Part I and Monster Hunter Ltd. Part II
- MAP29: Odyssey of Noises from The Plutonia Experiment
- Planisphere 2
- MAP13: Port Paradise from Doom: The Golden Souls 2
- Vanilla Sky