Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG
|Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG|
|Codebase||Doom 3: BFG Edition|
|Initial release||1.1.0 (2017-04-04, 2 years ago)|
|Latest release||184.108.40.206 (2019-06-01, 17 days ago)|
|Target Platform||Cross-platform (Only Windows and Linux version is tested)|
|Available in||English (United States)|
|License||GNU General Public License v3+|
|Website||Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG site|
Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG is a source port of Doom 3: BFG Edition that uses RBDOOM-3-BFG source code. This source port mainly focuses on Doom Classic and provides various bug fixes and restored content that has been cut from the original game.
- Improved sprites and flats loaded from PWADs.
- DEHACKED support.
- Added Final Doom and Master Levels as expansions for Doom II.
- Fixed Master Levels map Nessus inaccessible secret.
- Added two different endings for Master Levels.
- Full controller support (plug n' play anytime).
- Change Doom Classic aspect ratio from the original to full screen (stretch).
- Change Controller layout from Xbox 360 to PlayStation 3.
- Removed and increased various static limits.
- Aspect ratio correction for Classic Doom games.
- Option to use forced aspect ratio (4:3) on Doom 3.
- Improved lighting for Classic Doom games.
- EAX support in Doom 1,2 & 3 (through OpenAL Soft EFX).
- Restored support for the game.dll.
- Free look for Doom I & II.
- Chasecam for Doom I & II
- Jumping for Doom I & II
- Crosshair for Doom I & II
Various features of Doom Classic have been cut from Doom 3: BFG Edition. Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG restores various parts of this content, such as:
Ultimate Doom and Doom II
- In the PC version multiplayer is enabled.
- All cheat codes have been enabled.
- You can input the original command line parameters.
- There is confirmation when selecting Nightmare! skill.
- On Nightmare!, the fast monsters mechanic has been restored entirely.
- The INTERPIC lump will be used instead of the TITLEPIC, only if the TITLEPIC is missing.
- All animation has been restored to the intermission screens.
Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG also adds new parameters for both Doom Classic games and for Doom 3; these parameters are:
Ultimate Doom and Doom II
- doom, doom2, both: Allow you to force the original command line parameters to be accepted only by either Ultimate Doom, Doom II or both games.
- classich: Enables Doom Classic cheat codes
- zmem: Set the size of zone memory in megabytes (Default is 30MB)
- exp: Starts new game with the desired expansion. Possible values: (This parameter can be combined with the warp parameter)
- ex: Used inside the file parameter allowing you to load different mods per expansion. Example: -file ex 1 <path-to-mod>(NOTE: the numbers are similar as the exp parameter with the difference that number 2 is in the end)
Doom 3: BFG Edition
- com_game_mode: Launch straight forward the desired game. (After the splash screen)
- in_joylayout: Change controller layout between Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- flashlight_old: Change from the "armor-mounted" flashlight to the original flashlight. (Requires New Game)
- r_aspectcorrect: Enable or Disable Classic Doom's aspect ratio correction.
- cl_messages: Set the number of message lines on Classic Doom. (1-4 lines)
- cl_pitch: Adjust the pitch of Classic Doom sound effects
|Source code genealogy|
|Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG||Active|