|Victory screen of Cleimos|
|Authors||Rand Phares, Steven Phares|
Cleimos is a Doom episode replacement mod of nine levels, created by Rand and Steven Phares. It had a sequel made for Doom II, Cleimos 2.
The plot revolves around a mercenary, called "Nuts" Kelton, hired to shut down the corrupted systems of a combat training center belonging to the Cleimos Corporation where the VR holograms somehow took physical life and started killing everybody. It just so happens that the holograms had been designed after the demons from Doom...
- E2M1: Advent
- E2M2: Trapped
- E2M3: Torment
- E2M4: Enclave
- E2M5: Hazard Base
- E2M6: Veil of Blood
- E2M7: Annihilation
- E2M8: The Ungathered
- E2M9: Command + Control
This WAD features three built-in demos, of which the third one covers an original Doom level. All require Doom v1.2 to view them. The demo levels are:
|DEMO2||E2M6: Veil of Blood||4||9495||4:31.29|
|DEMO3||E3M6: Mt. Erebus||4||764||0:21.83|
The DSDA episode records for Cleimos are:
|UV max episode||1:17:08||Michael Novikov||2003-07-30||cleim10_mn.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on July 28, 2022.
- The release package of Cleimos contains a editing utility, called CLEIMSET.EXE. This will make a copy of DOOM.EXE version 1.2 and then changes the automap level names and end-episode text strings. It then renames the new executable to CLEIMOS.EXE. It utilizes the GO32 DOS extender, a copy of which called GO32.EXE is included. CLEIMSET.EXE itself is made with DJGPP. It will leave DOOM.EXE intact.
- As CLEIMSET.EXE only works on version 1.2 of DOOM.EXE utilizing similar functionality to DeHackEd's DoomHack feature, a patch called CLEIMOS.DEH was made in 2003 by Miguel Folatelli (myk) to emulate the functionality of the executable.
- The release package of Cleimos includes the Dshrink utility to compress the SIDEDEFS lump.
- Cleimos at Doomworld/idgames
- Cleimos text patch at Doomworld/idgames (for DeHackEd)
- Cleimos at the Doom Speed Demo Archive