|Initial release||1.4.0 (2021-07-16, 19 months ago)|
|Latest release||1.4.0 (2021-07-16, 19 months ago)|
|Target Platform||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|License||Modified Sleepycat License|
csZDoom, also known as CSZDoom, is a source port and fork by drfrag. It is based off Zandronum 1.3 and it is focused on improving the general codebase through various Quality-of-Life additions. Its name stands for Client/Server ZDoom.
Its main purpose is to be a stable multiplayer platform with broad support for a variety of computer systems. It includes a custom version of Doomseeker called Doomseeker Zero, which hides regular Zandronum servers, but allows usage of the master server because the network protocol remained unchanged.
The first release under the csZDoom moniker was 1.4.0, released on July 16, 2021. Being based on Zandronum 1.3, it merges all additions from Zandronum 1.4 alpha and some later versions. It includes Quality-of-Life enhancements like a working sound limiter, support for the double spawn deathmatch flag so that ongoing survival modes become possible, and other enhancements.
- All additions from Zandronum 1.4 alpha
- All features from Zandronum 1.3:
- Support for up to 64 players in cooperative, deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, possession, domination, invasion, Last Man Standing, survival, and other game modes
- Support for most ZDoom (Version 2.3.1+) and GZDoom features, including the latter's hardware accelerated renderer based on GZDoom 1.1.04 with several additional fixes
- Continuing support for unique Skulltag editing features as well
- Console, Quake-style keybindings, free look, jumping, and other advanced controls
- Full support for all Doom engine games, including Heretic, Hexen, and Strife
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Improved sound limiter
- New flags for use in multiplayer
- csZDoom GitHub page
- csZDoom 1.4.0 binaries, hosted by GitHub
- csZDoom development thread
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|