|Codebase||Linux Doom 1.10|
|Developer(s)||Chi Hoang, The DOSDoom Team|
|Initial release||0.1 (1997-12-23, 25 years ago)|
|Latest release||0.653 (1999-04-10, 24 years ago)|
|License||Doom Source License|
Chi Hoang released the initial version of DOSDoom on December 23, 1997, soon after the Doom source code came out. According to Hoang, "it took me 4-5 hours to port". The final version of DOSDoom, 0.653, was released on April 10, 1999, before being renamed and resumed under its new name, EDGE.
Later DOSDoom versions added various new features including free look, translucency, jumping, among other previously unseen advancements. DOSDoom is also notable for being the first source port to have invented human-readable scripting languages tailored for modders, in the form of DDF scripting and Radius Trigger Script.
The term "source port" originates from the DOSDoom release 0.2.
- DOSDoom 0.653 at Doomworld
- DOSDoom 0.653 source code at Doomworld
- DOSDoom 0.61 DOS version at Doomworld
- DOSDoom 0.61 Linux version at Doomworld
- DOSDoom 0.61 source code at Doomworld
- DOSDoom 0.1 at Doomworld/idgames
- Documentation at the EDGE wiki
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|Linux Doom 1.10||DOSDoom||Boom|