|Standard||Doom, Boom, MBF, MBF21|
|Developer(s)||Ryan Krafnick (Kraflab)|
|Initial release||0.1.0 (2020-11-11, 2 years ago)|
|Latest release||0.26.2 (2023-06-04, 3 months ago)|
|Written in||C, C++|
|License||GNU General Public License v2+|
DSDA-Doom (also Doom Speed Demos Archive - Doom) is a source port based on the PrBoom+um 2.6.x fork of PrBoom+ by Ryan Krafnick (Kraflab). It can currently be compiled in Windows, Mac OS X and Linux environments. The current version is 0.26.2. It has extra tooling for demo recording and playback, with a focus on speedrunning. It also implements several new standards for mod and map authors alike.
Kraflab received the special Codeaward at the Cacowards 2021, in part for creating the novel rewind and on-the-fly map restart features of DSDA-Doom. Being the pioneering source port for MBF21 was also a factor.
DSDA-Doom was first released as version 0.1.0 on November 11, 2020.
In addition to all PrBoom+um features, DSDA-Doom offers:
- A unified executable, supporting both OpenGL and Software renderers
- OpenGL 2.0 based renderer. DSDA-Doom requires a video card with non power-of two support. These include:
- Nvidia: Geforce 6 series and higher
- AMD/ATI: Radeon R500 series and higher
- Intel: GMA 3 series and higher
- VIA: Chrome 9 series and higher
- Matrox: Parhelia series and higher
- A rewind feature
- UMAPINFO support
- Heretic and Hexen support
- Many new parameters useful for speedrunning
- More accurate perception of spectres in both OpenGL and Software mode
- QOL improvements
- Support for several new mapping standards:
DSDA-Doom supports various compatibility settings to adjust its behavior, much like those initially implemented for MBF. In addition to individual settings for each difference in behavior, it allows the user to set compatibility levels to behave like earlier versions and modifications of the Doom engine. With the compatibility levels, DSDA-Doom may provide almost flawless compatibility with regular demos, as well as those recorded with Boom engines.
To change compatibility levels, the cheat code tntcomp can be used ingame. The game can also be launched with the -complevel parameter, or with default_compatibility_level in the config file, followed by one of the following numbers:
|3||Ultimate Doom & Doom95|
|4||Final Doom (emulates exclusively the release with bugged teleports)|
|7||Boom's compatibility mode (emulates the inaccurate vanilla mode of Boom)|
|12–16||PrBoom (old versions)|
- If a custom wad has "BOOM compatible" in its description, use "9 - Boom v2.02".
- If a custom wad has "MBF compatible" in its description, use "11 - MBF".
- If a custom wad has "MBF21 compatible" in its description, use "21 - MBF21".
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|PrBoom+um||DSDA-Doom||From DOOM With Love|