Dario Casali (born July 28, 1974, 47 years old) is a game designer best known in the Doom community for his contributions to Final Doom. During the 1990s he went by online aliases Punisher and Number 6.
While working on Memento Mori with his brother Milo, Dario met several members of TeamTNT, and eventually joined the group. He created two levels and co-authored another for TNT: Evilution, then designed half of the levels in The Plutonia Experiment. He has not worked with TeamTNT since Final Doom was published.
In 1997 he moved onto mapping for Quake, releasing single player episode Prodigy Special Edition along with five DCDM deathmatch levels. This modding experience lead Dario to getting hired as a level designer on Half-Life. Over two decades later, he still works at Valve under an "expert" role.
Body of work
- Jail ( )
- Runriot ( )
- The Best series
- The Best 2 ( )
- Punisher ( )
- Memento Mori ( )
- No Mercy (WadArchive)
- Punisher 2 (WadArchive)
- Punisher 2: The Contest (WadArchive)
- Final Doom's TNT: Evilution
- Final Doom's The Plutonia Experiment (16 maps)
- The Plutonia Experiment demos (
- Demos of all MAPs
- Seej ( )
- Team Fortress Classic
- Global Operations
- Half-Life 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Team Fortress 2
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Portal 2
- Half-Life: Alyx
- This article incorporates text from the open-content Wikipedia online encyclopedia article Casali brothers.
- Various maps by Dario and Milo Casali, as preserved in the coverdisc of PC Review Issue 60 (Doomshack)
- Casali's personal website (archived 🏛)
- 5 Years of Doom Interview from 1998
- Dario Casali's YouTube channel
- "People at Valve - Valve Corporation." Retrieved 6 October 2020.
| Doom era
| Doom 3 era
| ZeniMax era