Dark Side of the Mind
|The Final Gathering maps|
Dark Side of the Mind is a 1995 Doom II map by Daniel Norman. Originally released stand-alone on April 18, 1995, it was later incorporated without changes as the fifth and final map of The Final Gathering. The level is extremely non-linear and well-interconnected, designed to be used in deathmatch as well as in single-player mode.
The map makes use of an arch-vile to resurrect previously crushed monsters so as to repopulate an area, but contrarily to The Waterfront there are no author notes telling whether the ghost monster bug was actually desired.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Other points of interest
This map has no official secrets.
Areas / screenshots
As this level does not contain official secrets, the NM 100S category is redundant.
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 5, 2021.
This level contains fifteen spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 4)
- facing south-west. (thing 5)
- facing south. (thing 6)
- facing north. (thing 7)
- facing north. (thing 246)
- facing north-east. (thing 247)
- facing north-west. (thing 248)
- facing east. (thing 249)
- facing south-east. (thing 250)
- facing north-east. (thing 251)
- facing south. (thing 252)
- facing north-east. (thing 253)
- facing south-west. (thing 254)
- facing north. (thing 255)
- facing south. (thing 256)