|This mod was a runner-up for the 2019 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
Darkest Room is a single-level PWAD for Doom II using a Boom-compatible source port that came out in July 2019. It was designed by Paul977 and uses the music track "Misty Menace" from Donkey Kong Country.
Darkest Room includes one custom monster, a green cyberdemon with 700 hit points (replacing the spiderdemon) that was created by Zachary Stephens (Ribbiks). The map was chosen as one of the runners-up in the 2019 Cacowards proceedings.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- Behind the green cyberdemon at the north end of the map is a switch. If you go to the switch and look west, you can spot another switch. Shoot it, then go back over to the northwest part of the map to find a new lift. Take it up and press on the recessed south wall for a passage leading to armor bonuses, rockets, and a soul sphere. (sector 888)
- At the southwesternmost area, after raising the large lift at the northeast end, ride it all the way up. You need to make a jump to the southeast, towards the green lights on the wall. If you do it right, press on the brown panel, then look behind you to find a green armor and a green cyberdemon. (sector 1276)
- Grabbing the rocket launcher reveals an area to the south. In this area, go up the steps and head east, which will cause monsters to appear on the nearby block, plus an arachnotron to the east. You need to jump to where this arachnotron is and head behind the slime to discover a hidden switch. After using it, backtrack to where the rocket launcher was and head southeast from there to find a new opening containing a medikit and a box of shotgun shells (or sixteen shotgun shells on Ultra-Violence or higher). (sector 1327)
- As you go to the southeast part of the map, you will cross a bridge that has a switch that will lower the south wall. Approaching the south wall triggers a wall near the start of the bridge. Quickly go through that wall and into the teleporter. This will telefrag a green cyberdemon (assuming it has not been killed already) and will spawn a green armor into the nearby room. (sector 1525)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on September 30, 2022.