|This mod received one of the 2017 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
dead.air is a single-level PK3 for Doom II that requires GZDoom source port to play. It was designed by Xaser Acheron, and uses the music track "Mad Labs", also composed by Xaser. It was released in December 2016 and is the spiritual sequel to his map dead.wire. It received one of the 2017 Cacowards and reached second place in the Vine Mapping Contest 2016.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Custom content
- 3 Walkthrough
- 4 Areas / screenshots
- 5 Speedrunning
- 6 Statistics
- 7 Technical information
- 8 Inspiration and development
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
After some "rather unusual signal interference" the global news network is down for repairs, and a top UAC network engineer (the player himself) is assigned to debug the system.
The WAD "tells the tale of what happens next..."
Other points of interest
- In the city, head up the steps at the northeast end and at the top, use the switch to the south. Drop off to the west to get an ion blaster upgrade. (sector 204)
- Head up the steps again and gently drop off to the south, onto a small ledge. Head south on this ledge, then east and north, then open the west window to get a supercharge (only on Ultra-Violence or higher). (sector 1905)
- Inside the NNN building lobby, climb the steps and head to the southeast side of the ledge. Go south along the torches and over the bars, then climb the steps to get a medikit and an ion blaster upgrade. (sector 650)
- In the red area, head to the northernmost edge and look behind the wall to get an ion blaster upgrade. (sector 1174)
- When you enter the blue area, take the south path going east, then south. When the wall lowers to two medikits, open the wall after it for another medikit and an ion blaster upgrade. (sector 1493)
- In the green area, head to the east side to find an ion blaster upgrade. (sector 943)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 6, 2021.