DeePsea is a Doom level editor and WAD resource manager. It has full support for Doom, Doom II, Heretic, Hexen, Strife and any source port via custom configuration files. 3D texture alignment uses a variant of the Risen3D GL port, R3Dedit. Since R3Dedit is based on Risen3D, it is able to provide a view of a level with normal skies, as well as optionally showing the placement of all sprites.
It was developed by Jack Vermeulen of SB Software, and was originally a shareware application before being made free in 2018. For the unregistered version, there was no time limit, but the maximum size of levels a user can create was limited to 800 linedefs or 1200 sidedefs. DeePsea's development appears to have stalled after 2011.
All PWAD tools are unlimited in the shareware version.
- Map editor with 3D texture alignment (supports both line drawing or sector drawing)
- Level error checking
- Lump management tools
- Create PWADS and IWADS
- Import/Merge/Export any file (including WADS) with duplicate error checking
- Direct picture format image editor, with support for tall patches
- Texture editor
- Palette editor
- Colormap editor
- Script editor and compiler
- Sound and music playback
- Automatic regular or GL node generation using DeePBSP
- Automatic list of all textures used in a level or PWAD
- Open dialog browser shows the contents of WADS without having to open them
- Show detailed level statistics
In addition, pressing the F7 key allows the user to access almost every feature within the program.