Delta Labs - Level 2a: Union Aerospace Research Division
|Doom 3 maps|
|Map name: game/delta2a|
Delta Labs - Level 2a: Union Aerospace Research Division is the sixteenth level of Doom 3. The player goes through the teleporter for the first time. The BFG9000 is first received. Before the cells are unlocked, the player can see some various interesting scripts for zombies doing stereotypical zombie acts, like eating a corpse, banging the head on a door, etc.
The marine continues searching for the source of the invasion. Eventually, he reaches the office hallway with three doors, one leading to Operations (labeled Sector 2), another one to Security & Bio Labs (Sector 3), and another to Teleporter Access (Sector 4). The first two are locked, so the marine goes to the Teleporter Access, where he meets Dr. Ian McCormick. He tells the marine that he's one of those who are responsible for teleport accident that caused Hell's invasion to the base, and that it happened right after Betruger took the Soul Cube with him to the portal. He also tells that he can activate the teleporter so that the marine can use it to travel further into the labs, but he needs the plasma inducer and asks the marine to retrieve it in Operations, and unlocks the two other doors for the marine.
If the marine goes to Operations first, he encounters a locked door and has to go to Security & Bio Labs to unlock the door, or he can go there straight away. Upon arriving at the Security & Bio Labs, the marine finds out that Security is in lockout due to Halon system being active, so the marine has to go through Bio Labs to turn it off. At some point in Bio Labs the marine enters a large room with hazardous materials stored in boxes on the wall, with an automatic manipulator used to access them. In the same room the marine should notice a vent shaft on the right wall, connected to a ledge. This is where the marine has to get to proceed further. To do this the marine needs to use the manipulator to extract one of the crates that is closer to the ledge and, after the manipulator placed the crate near the control panel, press the button to load it back and then jump on the crate. During the time when the manipulator is moving to load the crate back, the marine has to use the opportunity to jump from the crate to the ledge (when the crate is closer to it).
Going several rooms further, the marine manages to find the room where the Halon system can be turned off, and then accesses Security, where he's able to unlock the door in Operations. The plasma inducer is found in one of the rooms behind that previously locked door. Upon returning and bringing the plasma inducer to McCormick, he activates the teleporter in the next room (and also gives the marine valuable information about the teleporting experiments), and the marine uses it to get the northern part of the sector 2.
- Power up the Teleporter
- Retrieve the Plasma Inducer from the Operations sector server room.
- Terminate Lockdown
- Go to sector security and terminate the ops lock down.
- Peter Raleigh. Found in Records Office, on a table.
- Frank Cinders. Found in Delta Operations, in Mal Blackwell's office.
- Phil Wilson. Found in Delta Operations, in Steve Roscoe's office.
- Teleportation Experiments. Given by Ian McCormick after bringing him the plasma inducer.
The enemy count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran. This tally only includes enemies that can be fought and killed. There are no changes in the enemy amount in the BFG Edition.
|Chain gun commando||3|
The item count on Nightmare is the same as on Veteran, except the med kits are absent. There are no changes in the amount of items in the BFG Edition.
|Med kit (small)||9|
|Med kit (large)||11|
|BRD access card*||1|
* The backpack on the ledge in Hazardous Materials room contains bullets (30), shells (12), clip (24), ammo belt (60), cells (20), rockets (4). The backpack in storage crate 114 contains bullets (30), shells (12), clip (24), ammo belt (60), cells (25).
* The BRD access card is in the map (in the same place as in Sector 2b), but can't be picked up without cheats (see trivia).
There are also three health stations on the level, two of which have 83 health in reserve and one has 62 (in BFG Edition two have 100 health and one has 83 health).
If the player starts the level via a console command, they will start with these items:
- Storage locker #112 - Storage: 538. Contains: shotgun, cells x4 (x2 on Veteran/Nightmare), armor shards x5.
- Chief M.Abrams' office: 931. Contains: BFG 9000, med kit (large).
- Storage locker #116 - Storage: 972. Contains: plasma gun, BFG cell, med kit (large), security armor.
- Storage locker #114 - Storage: 715. Contains: backpack, clip (large), security armor.
- In Main Lobby, there's a small button hidden in the side of the reception desk, which open a weapon compartment in the same room.
- There's a weapon cache in glass compartment in Records Office. To access it, move a crate near where a glass panel is missing and try to crouch jump through the window.
- In Teleporter Control Lab corridor there's a spot with blown up wall with cable coming down from the ceiling, and a small and a large crate. Climb those crates and a small compartment can be seen in the wall with a security armor in it.
- In Delta Operations hallway with offices (patient cells) there's a spot with two small staircases. There are gaps between each of them and the floor, which one can crouch into and find some items there.
- In Delta Bio Labs lobby, there are items hidden behind several machine blocks. In the same room there's also also a security armor hidden under the staicase.
- In Examination Room D2-1 one can find a small glowing button in the dark corner of that room, which opens a compartment with a health station and another one on the other side of the room, with ammo.
- In Hazardous Materials room, the player is required to reach the right ledge to proceed through the vent shaft connected to it. The player can also notices another shaft on the left ledge, but it's closed. However, if the player reaches it by extracting, and then riding on crate #4, the shaft will actually open upon getting close to it, and will contain plenty of supplies.
- On the original Xbox version of the game this level is substantially shorter and is called Delta Labs - Level 2 North.
- In the very beginning of the level there's a closed elevator to the left from where the player starts. If the player comes close to its doors, it will open and an imp will spawn if the player gets very close to the edge of the elevator shaft. If the player jumps into the elevator shaft (or is pushed there by imp's teleportation) and dies, Betruger can be heard laughing at the player.
- In the teleporter room the player can see the room where the player will have to go to get the BRD access card in the next map. If the player accesses that room via noclip, they will discover that, in fact, said keycard is actually there in this map as well and can be picked up, and even includes the zombie that is guarding it (the one that pretends to be a corpse).