Deus Vult II
|Deus Vult II|
|Author||Huy Pham (Doom Marine)|
|This mod received one of the 2008 Cacowards on Doomworld!|
Deus Vult II is a twelve level episode WAD created by Huy Pham (Doom Marine). As with the first Deus Vult, it contains maps rich with nigh-overwhelming opposition, in the vein of Alien Vendetta or Hell Revealed, with difficulty increasing sharply in the later levels.
It received one of regular awards during the 2008 Cacowards as well as the Mordeth award.
Deus Vult II modifies several weapons in the protagonist's arsenal and adds a couple of custom monsters, coded through DeHackEd tweaks including the flying baron of Hell seen in Erik Alm's Scythe 2 as well as the Cleric from Hexen.
It also features three different soundtracks: the "Ultimate" soundtrack heard in ZDoom (all levels except MAP19 use MP3 music), the "idgame" soundtrack heard in ZDoom (maps 12 and 22 use MIDI music again), and the MIDI soundtrack heard when playing in a port without support for ZDoom's old MAPINFO syntax. The MAPINFO lump is also used to give a different music theme to the text screen between MAP31 and MAP32, and another for the transition between MAP20 and MAP21, from the other text screens.
- MAP01: Entryway Pass
- MAP02: Mutagen
- MAP03: Crouching Demon, Hidden Archvile
- MAP12: Minas Morgul
- MAP13: Eagle's Nest
- MAP19: Stargate
- MAP20: Desert Temple
- MAP21: The Unholy Cathedral
- MAP22: You Shall Not Pass!
- MAP23: Hell's Vendetta
- MAP29: Saint Peter's Gate
- MAP31: The Manliest Fight EVER
- MAP32: Sauron's Gauntlets!
- MAP01: "Excalibur" from Rise of the Triad by Bobby Prince
- MAP02: "Metal Works" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters by Kazuhiko Uehara, sequenced by Brian Joseph
- MAP03: "Preacher Man" by Fields of the Nephilim
- MAP12: TNT: Evilution MAP16: Deepest Reaches theme
- MAP13: "Into Sandy's City" by Bobby Prince
- MAP19: Vrack 3 theme by Fredrik Johansson
- MAP20: Slowed-down version of "Silence of Sand" from Breath of Fire II by Yuko Takehara
- MAP21: Heretic E1M4: The Guard Tower theme by Kevin Schilder
- MAP22: "Krook's March (Chain Link Chamber)" from Donkey Kong Country 2 by David Wise, sequenced by Andreas and Savas Oulassoglou
- MAP23: "Crocodile Cacophony (K. Rool's Theme)" from Donkey Kong Country 2 by David Wise, sequenced by Andreas and Savas Oulassoglou
- MAP29: "Stickerbush Symphony (Bramble Blast)" from Donkey Kong Country 2 by David Wise
- MAP31: Heretic E1M9: The Graveyard theme by Kevin Schilder
- MAP32: Devil's Supremacy from Alien Vendetta
- Title screen: "Main Title from Terminator 2" by Brad Fiedel
- Intermission: Heretic E1M9: The Graveyard theme by Kevin Schilder
- Text screen: "Bigelow's Bungalow" from Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, by Stephen Rippy
- Secret level text screen:
- MAP01: "Scrapyard" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters by Kazuhiko Uehara
- MAP02: "Metal Works" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters by Kazuhiko Uehara
- MAP03: "Noh Stage" from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters by Kazuhiko Uehara
- MAP12: Theme from Lord of the Rings by Howard Shore ("Ultimate" version only)
- MAP13: "High Ptera" from Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues
- MAP19: MIDI only
- MAP20: "Lawrence Of Arabia Overture" by Maurice Jarre
- MAP21: "Search and Destroy" from Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues
- MAP22: Theme from Lord of the Rings by Howard Shore ("Ultimate" version only)
- MAP23: "Beat the angel" from Tales of Symphonia
- MAP29: MIDI only
- MAP31: MIDI only
- MAP32: MIDI only
- Third episode text screen: "Primagen Lightship" from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil by Darren Mitchell
- Peculiarly, Deus Vult II: The First Edition as released on the /idgames archive included a separate GZDoom executable in its ZIP file. It is called by two custom batch files (Deus Vult II.bat or Deus Vult II OpenGL.bat) to either start in software rendering mode or in OpenGL mode. The included GZDoom executable is version 1.1.0, corresponding with ZDoom 2.2.0 (r748), dated February 15, 2008. It also includes an additional ZIP file containing a version of PrBoom to play the included demos located in the Extra folder. The included executable is version 126.96.36.199-Test, dated February 24, 2008.