|Initial release||1.0 (1994-02-04, 29 years ago)|
|Latest release||6.1 (1995-07-21, 28 years ago)|
|Written in||Visual Basic|
DoomCAD (formerly DoomVB) is a level editor for Windows programmed by Matt Tagliaferri. It was the first editor featuring a 3D preview of the level; though this preview was slow and untextured.
DoomCAD requires a 16-bit Windows environment, and will not work on 64-bit versions of Windows.
- DoomVB 1.0 was released on February 4, 1994. It is the first release.
- DoomVB 1.1
- DoomVB 2.0 was released on February 20, 1994.
- DoomVB 3.0 was released on February 26, 1994.
- DoomCAD 4.0 was released on April 1, 1994.
- DoomCAD 4.1
- DoomCAD 4.2 was released on April 18, 1994.
- DoomCAD 4.3 was released on June 10, 1994.
- DoomCAD 5.0 was released on November 15, 1994.
- DoomCAD 5.1 was released on December 10, 1994.
- DoomCAD 5.5 was released on April 18, 1995.
- DoomCAD 6.0
- DoomCAD 6.1 was released on July 21, 1995. It is the final release.
In December 1995, Matt Tagliaferri began working on a rewrite of DoomCAD using the Delphi programming language. This new editor was called dCAD ("d" stands for Delphi). Its only public release was v1.0b, released for beta testing on January 4, 1996. In addition to Doom and Heretic, Hexen support has also been added. The internal node builder and 3D mode have been removed.
- Matt Tagliaferri (5 January 1996). https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.doom/c/Z0iTNbnWrc8/m/nwkYgrk6IvwJ. alt.games.doom. Retrieved 24 September 2023.