DoomWorld! (source modification)
|Developer(s)||Jonathan Stuart (vmlinuz)|
|Initial release||Version 1 (1998-05-21, 22 years ago)|
|License||Doom Source License|
Not much is known about the modification. It only saw a single release on May 21, 1998. It provided TCP/IP functionality so players could play over the Internet without the need for a separate setup program.
Stuart planned  for various advanced features to his port, including support for Capture the Flag, lag reduction, join-in progress, dedicated servers, and a user interface, but such never came to be.
- All features from DOSDoom 0.61, such as:
- TCP/IP functionality, so players could play over the Internet without requiring a separate setup program
- Co-op support
The source code for DoomWorld! was released on August 13, 1998. Included is also a copy of Libnet, a network library used by the modification.
- DoomWorld! binary at Doomworld
- DoomWorld! source code at Doomworld
- DoomWorld! description page, at DoomWorld
- Doomworld. "The man behind Internet Doom: Jonathan Stuart interview (question 7)." Doomworld. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
|Source code genealogy|
|Based on||Name||Base for|
|DOSDoom 0.61||DoomWorld!||Steve Boom|