Doom Classic (iOS)
Doom Classic is an iPhone/iPod touch port of Ultimate Doom developed by id Software. According to the development notes released by id, the port is based on PrBoom and uses OpenGL rendering with bilinear filtering and controls similar to the Wolfenstein 3D classic title. Since it is derived from a GPL codebase, the source code was made available. This port is bundled with a copy of the Ultimate DOOM WAD which matches the traditional version 1.9ud.
It was made available in the iPhone App Store on October 31, 2009.
On August 22, 2011 version 2.1 was released, with some changes:
- Settings for tilt turn and tilt strafe are separated.
- Auto use like in Quake is now defaulted to On.
- Menu revisions.
- Episode select menu.
- Doom Classic website (archived 🏛)
- Development on Doom Classic (archived 🏛)
- iPhone Doom Classic Progress Report (archived 🏛)
- Information about the port on ClassicDOOM.com
|Source code genealogy|
|This article is a low-priority stub. You can help the Doom Wiki by expanding it.|