Doom II: The Official Strategy Guide
Table of contents
- Staying in Control: Doom's menus and basic interface. How to start the game.
- Navigation and Object Recognition: Tips for navigating levels. How to use the automap. Common powerups encountered during the game.
- Peace through Superior Firepower: The weapons and ammo available in the game.
- The Bestiary: Covers the monsters encountered in Doom II, including the relative strength of each in terms of hitpoints and shots needed from each weapon to take them out.
- Infantry Basics: Tips for cooperative play.
- Intelligence Briefings: Covers each individual level, including maps.
- Multiplayer Network Notes: How to set up a network game.
- Interview: Transcript of an interview with John Romero.
- Appendix: Cheater, Cheater, Demon Eater: List of the cheat codes.
Doom II Survival Guide
The official strategy guide was republished as Doom II Survival Guide, a cut-down version of the same book in a mass market paperback size. This version only includes information on levels without the additional content found in the full strategy guide.
|Library of Congress Control Number|
|Open Library ID||OL8611238M|
Doom II Survival Guide edition
|Open Library ID||OL8691077M|
- The Official Doom Survivor's Strategies & Secrets - Official strategy guide for Doom
- Doom Battlebook - also published by Prima
- Heretic: The Official Strategy Guide - also by Ed Dille