Doom VFR is a virtual reality set during the events of Doom (2016), developed by id Software and published by Bethesda on December 1, 2017. It is officially supported on the PC with the HTC Vive headset and wireless handheld controllers, and is also available for the PlayStation VR.
Players take control of a UAC scientist, Dr. Peters, who is one of the last survivors of the demonic invasion of the UAC Mars Base up until he is killed during the beginning events of the game. However, his consciousness is automatically uploaded into the UAC's computer systems, a point from where he is able to control a cybernetic combat chassis, and is tasked with trying to maintain order in the facility and prevent a catastrophic failure of its systems.
- Advanced Research Complex (hub)
- Lazarus Labs
- Ravine Substructure
- BFG Division - Computational Sector
- The Necropolis
- Argent Transfer Station
- Combat shotgun
- Heavy assault rifle
- Rocket launcher
- Plasma rifle
- Super shotgun
- Gauss cannon
- During the introduction sequence, the Doom II music track "The Healer Stalks" is used as elevator music.
- Bethesda Softworks (11 June 2017). "Prepare for Virtual Carnage with DOOM: VFR." Bethesda.net News. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- Steinman, Gary (21 August 2017). "From Mars to Hell in DOOM VFR." Bethesda.net. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- Bethesda Softworks (21 August 2017). "From Mars to Hell in DOOM VFR." YouTube. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
|Games in the Doom series|
|Classic Doom|| Doom • Doom II • Final Doom • Doom 64 |
Official ports: 3DO • Acorn RiscOS • Apple Macintosh • Atari Jaguar • Doom Classic Unity port • Game Boy Advance (Doom, Doom II) • iOS • Linux • NEC PC-9801 • NeXTSTEP • OS/2 • Pocket PC • QNX • SGI • Sega 32X • Sega Saturn • Sony PlayStation (Doom, Final Doom) • Sony PlayStation 3 • Super NES • Tapwave Zodiac • WebTV Plus • Windows (WinDoom, Doom95) • Xbox • Xbox 360
|Doom 3|| Doom 3 • Doom 3: BFG Edition • Doom 3: VR Edition
Related: id Tech 4
|Doom (2016)|| Doom (2016) • Doom VFR • Doom Eternal|
|Mobile games||Doom RPG • Doom II RPG • Doom Resurrection • Mighty Doom|
|Canceled games||Doom Absolution • Doom 4 1.0|
|Related: Commercial games • Expanded universe • List of books • List of commercial compilations|