Doomworld Mega Project 2014
|Doomworld Mega Project 2014|
Doomworld Mega Project 2014 is a collaborative megawad, containing thirty-five maps by thirty-five different mappers from the Doomworld Forums. As with the 2012 and 2013 editions, it accepted any and all maps for Doom II, regardless of map format, theme, content, and quality. The only limitations were that maps could not use the MAP07 or MAP30 slots or include secret level exits, and could not be potentially damaging to the user (e.g. by using scripts to change port settings, or using zip bombs).
The project was started by TimeOfDeath on January 11, 2014, the first version was released on January 5, 2015, and the final version was uploaded into the idgames archive in March 2015.
The final megawad was divided into two WAD files: DMP2014.wad contains maps for vanilla Doom, limit-removing ports, and Boom, which are split into two episodes by empty maps. The second WAD is zDMP2014.wad, and contains maps for ZDoom, though a development build is required.
DMP2014.wad features three built-in demos. All require Doom II with a Boom-compatible v2.02 source port to view them. The demo levels are:
|DEMO1||MAP02: Little Doom||4||666||0:19.03|
|DEMO2||MAP03: Postmodern Redux||4||533||0:15.23|
- Doomworld forums thread
- Doomworld Mega Project 2014 at Doomworld/idgames
- ZDoom maps of Doomworld Mega Project 2014 at Doomworld/idgames
- DMP2014.wad at the Doom Speed Demo Archive
- ↑ TimeOfDeath (11 January 2014). "Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up." Doomworld forums. Retrieved 20 June 2018.
- ↑ TimeOfDeath (10 March 2015). "Here are the final versions." Doomworld forums. Retrieved 20 June 2018.
|Doomworld Mega Project series|
|WADs||2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022|
|Project leaders||TimeOfDeath | scifista42 | StormCatcher.77|