The dread knight shares a similar attack pattern with its un-augmented cousin, but with a few key differences. The dread knight's energy blades grant it a longer reach than the Hell knight, allowing a ranged attack if the Doom Slayer is at long-range, as it releases an energy wave. However, with enough maneuverability it is relatively easy to evade. When it performs its ground slam, a field of harming energy lingers at the point of attack.
Although the dread knight has higher health than its Hell knight cousin, it remains vulnerable to all of the techniques that are effective against the Hell knight. In general, it should be viewed as the "middle" of the Hell nobles in terms of the threat that it poses.
In addition to the more obvious cybernetics installed by the UAC cultists, dread knights have their pleasure hormone emission tied to the use of their arm blades. Combined with endocrine modifications to amplify adrenaline production, this locks them into a permanent state of bloodlust that can only be relieved by killing.
The dread knight first appeared, unnamed and without elaboration, in the Doom Eternal cover art which was revealed in the immediate wake of the BE3 2019 presentation. The monster's name was rumoured after release of a Slayers Club exclusive piece of art which referred to it as such, but this was not officially confirmed until the QuakeCon 2019 keynote presentation on July 26, 2019.
- The Doom Slayer punches the dread knight in the face to the right, grabs his left shoulder and stabs him through the jaw and into his skull.
- The Doom Slayer jumps onto the chest of the dread knight, using his Doomblade to slice the dread knight's neck.
- The Doom Slayer punches the dread knight in the right side of his back, before extending his Doomblade, stabbing the dread night through his spine.
- The Doom Slayer extends his Doomblade, slicing off the dread knight's left arm at his elbow, before slicing off the dread knight's head.
- The Doom Slayer jumps onto the back of the dread knight, grabbing the back of his head and smashing it into the ground below.
- The Doom Slayer punches the dread knight in the back of the head, before extending his Doomblade and slicing the dread knight, lodging the Doomblade in the centre of the dread knight's chest.
Their artificial bloodlust makes them similar to Grunts from Quake.
|Monsters from Doom Eternal|
|Fodder:||Gargoyle • Imp • Lost soul • Maykr drone • Mecha zombie • Soldier (Blaster) • Soldier (Shield) • Zombies|
|Heavy:||Arachnotron • Cacodemon • Carcass • Cyber-mancubus • Dread knight • Hell knight • Mancubus • Pain elemental • Pinky • Prowler • Revenant • Spectre • Whiplash|
|Super Heavy:||Arch-vile • Baron of Hell • Doom hunter • Marauder • Tyrant|
|Ambient:||Buff totem • Cueball • Tentacle|
|Bosses:||Gladiator • Icon of Sin • Khan Maykr|
|Mechanics:||Empowered demon • Gore nest • Kalibas|
|Expansion - The Ancient Gods, Part One||Expansion - The Ancient Gods, Part Two|
|Fodder:||Screecher • Stone imp • Riot soldier|
|Heavy:||Blood Maykr • Whiplash spectre||Cursed prowler|
|Super Heavy:||Armored baron|
|Ambient:||Spirit • Turret||Demonic trooper|
|Bosses:||Samur Maykr • Trial of Maligog||The Dark Lord|