E1M0: Colossus Reloaded (ZPack)
|Descent to Darkness|
E1M0: Colossus Reloaded (M_VAD04.wad) is the tenth and secret map in episode The Remains of UAC of ZPack. It was designed by Björn Ostmann (Vader) and uses the music track "Bye-Bye American Pie" from Doom II, by Robert Prince. The par time defined in MAPINFO is 1:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Other points of interest
- When you open the leftmost door, press on the vent straight ahead to get an invulnerability. (thing 27 via thing 26, ZDoom's "secret trigger" actor)
- In the exit room, there is an eye in the northeast corner. Using it makes it glow and reveals a passage to the left. You can find the BFG9000 and energy cell packs here. (sector 2043)
If you examine the eye inside Secret #2, a message will display, which ends up being random. You will get messages which actually are tips to other maps in the wad, specifically Vader's other levels, such as:
- "There is a hidden invulnerability sphere at the west end of this map"
- "Shoot the Archy face above the bloody altar in Blackrock!"
- "Jump down the hole in the control room above the reactor in Thunderpeak powerplant"
- "Don't miss the hidden BFG in the room right before you face the Terminator...(break) There is a tiny switch in one of the corners!"
- "In Blackrock you can activate some switches in a secret (break) Look for those south of there, near the elevator to the blue skull!"
- "In Blackrock, don't open the door next to the one that requires the red skull (break) It's a trap..."
- "Jump down near the elevator in Termination for a secret plasmagun"
- "Don't waste your time in the map KDiZD Launch Site (break) Torm set the time limit quite low :("
- "Don't try to make the Terminator damage itself with it's grenades (break) It won't have an effect, although it's bleeding!"
- "Better avoid the big blood pool in Blackrock until you have some weapons (break) There are a lot of Cacos in there!"
- "Dude, you get annoying... leave me alone!" (this message pops up if you ask for advice ten times)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are: