E1M1: Communications Bridge (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M1: Communications Bridge is the first map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium) in the style of John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 30 seconds.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
You are able to run straight to the exit from the start. To do so, head left and around the pool of nukage and into the next hallway. From here, head eastward and go up the stairs turning left at the next fork. The exit door should be straight ahead.
Other points of interest
- At the start, head south, past the stairs and into the small nook with a computer terminal. Press on it and it will reveal a switch directly behind you. Flip this switch and quickly run up the steps all the way up to where the armor is and drop down to acquire a megaarmor and some health bonuses. (sector 65)
- From Secret #1, look right and open the greenest wall to find an area with rocket boxes and shotgun shells. (sector 107) At the end of the passage is a lift to ride back up to the area with the armor.
- From the start, head down the hall to the north with the poison symbol. Open the door to find a room with nukage. If you go towards the pillar in the nukage, you will find that part of it is open with a radiation suit sitting inside. (sector 75)
- In the same nukage room, on the southeast end you might spot a brown wall. Open it directly to find a box of shotgun shells as well as a passage leading outside. (sector 59)
- From Secret #4, go through the outdoor area heading southward to the box of ammo. (sector 30)
- In the far east part of the level, climb up the stairs to the east all the way up. Look to the right and press on the wall that has silver borders around it. You will acquire a stimpack. (sector 69)
- When you trigger Secret #6, you also will reveal a switch slightly to your right on the ground floor. It is next to the entrance of this area on the northwest part of the room. Quickly run and hit the switch before it is closed off, and you will raise a lift from Secret #6 to the central platform. Go back to Secret #6 and cross to the platform. Continue to go west as you raise more lifts up, then jump to the outside area where a bridge will raise so you can get a shotgun and a box of shells. (sector 40)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||00:10||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2012-11-18||i1dxnm.zip|
|UV -fast||01:30||David Spring (Springy)||2013-02-26||i1d1f130.zip|
|UV -respawn||01:14||David Spring (Springy)||2013-02-26||i1d1r114.zip|
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north-east. (thing 104)
- facing east. (thing 110)
- facing north. (thing 111)
- facing south. (thing 122)