E1M1: Maintenance Area (Double Impact)
|Double Impact maps|
E1M1: Maintenance Area is the first map of Double Impact. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Ralph Vickers (Ralphis), and uses an untitled custom music track. The par time defined in the DMAPINFO lump of the edition released as an official add-on is 7:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Go through the open door in front of you and kill any zombiemen waiting outside, then head for the metal building and open the door on its south side to confront some more zombies. Enter the east hallway and follow it round to a larger room with zombies and imps, then open the door next to the orange block in this room to enter an outdoor area with a gray floor. Activate the lift on the south side and ride it up to the ledge above, then head east to a pair of doors and open either of them to confront more of the same enemies, which you can blow up by shooting the nearby barrels. On the east side of this room is a nukage trench - walk through it to find a switch guarded by a zombieman (replaced by an imp and shotgun guy on Hurt Me Plenty (HMP) skill level, or a spectre and shotgun guy on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare), flip the switch then go back to the previous room where more enemies have been released. Go back through the west door then head north through a now-open doorway, where a curved hallway will take you to the red keycard.
Go back to the orange block room and open the west door (requiring the red key), then head forward until you reach a small door on your left. Go through it and kill any waiting zombies, then head east through another door to a dark room with zombies and demons. The exit door, which requires the yellow keycard, can be found on the south side of this room, and opposite it is a switch that will reveal the yellow key elsewhere in the map. Kill the enemies that are released from the east side of the room, then backtrack to the orange block room and enter the north hallway to find a lift, activate it then go up and turn right to enter a hall with tech pillars. Enter the passage in the center of the hall to raise a staircase then climb it and approach the pillar in front of you with the yellow key on it; there is a switch on the right-hand wall that you can pull to lower it.
With the yellow key, make your way back to the southern-most room where yet more enemies have been released from the east and west sides, then open the exit door to find an imp protecting the exit switch.
Other points of interest
In the tech column hall, check the block on the east side of the hall to find a button. Pressing it will open a monster closet behind you containing imps and/or demons, as well as shotgun shells on I'm Too Young To Die and Hey Not Too Rough or a box of shotgun shells on HMP or higher.
- You can enter the building adjacent to the one you started out in by using the back door. Inside is a hole with a shotgun, a stimpack and some shells. (sector 30)
- From the entrance to the main building is a fork, with a hallway leading to the right and a lift straight ahead and to the left. Ride the lift up and look at the wall to the north. You will notice that the bottom part of this wall is brown instead of green. Open this wall to find a medikit, a chainsaw, armor bonuses and shotgun shells. (sector 363)
- In the room with the red key door, east of the door is an orange block. You can lower this block by pressing on its lower right corner, which has a striped panel on it. The block lowers to reveal imps and a chaingun. (sector 82)
- Inside the room at the eastern part of the map, look towards a wall on the west side and notice a brown stripe of wall. Open this wall for a secret room with a berserk pack, a backpack and armor bonuses. (sector 109) A zombieman will also be here on HMP or higher.
- Near the yellow key pedestal, lower the wall on the west side that has white streaks on it to get outside. A medikit and an armor are out here. (sector 337)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on March 17, 2023.
This level contains eleven spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 301)
- facing east. (thing 302)
- facing east. (thing 303)
- facing south. (thing 304)
- facing south. (thing 305)
- facing north-east. (thing 306)
- facing west. (thing 307)
- facing south-east. (thing 308)
- facing north-west. (thing 309)
- facing west. (thing 310)
- facing west. (thing 311)