E1M2: Mars Space Port (The Classic Episode, Part 2)
|The Classic Episode 2 maps|
This level occupies the map slot E1M2. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M2.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector, thing, and linedef numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- Before you jump in the acid square, open a wall on the right of the bars on your left. Go up the lift, kill the imps and grab the armor and the shotgun. (sector 81)
- Between the acid pool and the blue key, up the stairs, shoot a switch that gives way to the other armor up on the square acid pool. (sector 145)
- Before the red key, on your right, open a wall for the soulsphere. (sector 178)
- Going to the soulsphere opens a wall on your right. (sector 190)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 8, 2021.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing north. (thing 13)
- facing east. (thing 14)
- facing west. (thing 15)
- facing east. (thing 16)
Inspiration and development
- Originally released as a standalone WAD titled Doom Classic 11: Deimos Spaceport in July 2003.
- The modified version in The Classic Episode, Part 2 fixes a mismatched ceiling flat near the red key.
- MAP01: Arctic (End Game) is an alternate version of this level by Anthony Soto based on an early draft when the layout was about 75% complete. Anthony's version contains completely different southern half to the map and adds a plasma gun.