E1M2: Military Bunker (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Start off by moving into a small four-way intersection straight ahead. Go left here up a lift, and left again to the ledge where the zombiemen saw you at the beginning. A small computer room here holds a shotgun and an armor. Now go east at the four-way intersection into the next room. Go straight across and down the path, ignoring the yellow key door along the way. When you can turn left, do so, and you will find the red keycard. Return to the four-way intersection. There are two red doors to take, one on ground floor and the other one on the balcony accessible from the lift before. Go through either red door and make your way to a large room to the north. Go up the stairs which spiral around to a switch, pressing this raises a bridge seen through the window. From there, head south and you should then go east across the bridge. The exit is at the end of this path.
Other points of interest
- Make your way to the area that has the red keycard. Just before the steps leading to the room it is in, head west and press on the wall to open a passage with a few armor bonuses. (sector 115) Take the lift up to find a few more armor bonuses, a medikit, a box of shells, and a yellow keycard.
- If you have the yellow keycard from Secret #1, you can open the yellow door you saw on the way to the red keycard to enter the open area where you can acquire a chainsaw. (sector 37) The switch here opens a few walls so you can leave.
- From the four-way intersection at the beginning, take the lift upwards, then head north towards the red door. Enter the alcove with blue lights nearby to be lowered into a small room with a zombieman and a switch. Flip it and head back up to the balcony level to find a new opening appears to the west. In this area, go straight west, then north. Keep going straight until you find two armor bonuses on the ground. The wall just east of them can be opened revealing more armor bonuses and some health bonuses. (sector 159)
- In the same general area as Secret #3, head into the room with the brown floor. Towards the north, you may spot a wall that is browner than the rest. Open this wall and you will find a room with several supplies, including a megaarmor. (sector 149)
- When you have the red key, head up the lift at the four-way intersection and go north towards the red door on balcony level. Open it and climb up the stairs, but instead of continuing on, head back through the red door again. Drop down to ground level and you will see an opening with a chaingun and some ammo. (sector 109)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM100S||01:24||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2012-02-06||i1d2s124.zip|
|UV -fast||01:56||Casey Alvis (Altima Mantoid)||2011-12-30||i1d2f156.zip||1|
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
1. ^ Plays back with dtwid_old.wad