E1M2: Nuclear Plant (Doom: Damnation)
|Doom: Damnation maps|
Knee-Deep in the Dead
|The Shores of Hell|
|Thy Flesh Consumed|
E1M2: Nuclear Plant is the second map in the first episode of Doom: Damnation. It was designed by Ofisil and uses the music track "Flickering Lights". The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 3:20.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Step out of the shuttle and head west to a T-junction with a shotgun. Follow the corridor north past a spectre and go round the corner to find a button that will lower a neighboring lift. Ride the lift up and kill the zombiemen and shotgun guys in the next room then head through the west door to reach a gray octagonal hallway populated with imps and spectres. Head north or south round the hallway (the north side has more monsters) to its west side then go down the steps to find six zombiemen and/or shotgun guys. Go through the south "exit" door to find two radiation shielding suits and (on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare skill levels) a spectre - take one of the suits now as the next passage will inflict 20% damage per second if you are unprotected. Go through the south airlock and kill a spectre waiting inside it, then follow the red and blue passage east and north past some more spectres until you reach the blue keycard at the end.
Go back to the octagonal hallway and head round to its north side where, if you have not killed them already, a group of imps, zombiemen and shotgun guys are guarding the blue key door. Kill them, along with the imps/demons that are released opposite the door as you approach it, then go through the door to a room with ten armor bonuses and follow the passage (which gets increasingly darker as you progress) west and south until you reach a button. Press the button then backtrack to where you found the armor bonuses and kill the monsters that emerge from behind a marble wall (two of them will teleport behind you), then go back to the west side of the octagonal hallway and head west into a room with two radiation suits - make sure to pick one up as the next area is radioactive. Press the wall with the red sign to lower it, go through to an outdoor area surrounded by a walkway and follow it round to the west side to find an alcove containing a medikit and another button. Press the button then walk east to a tan lift, which will carry you down to a pit with spectres, then head east to a button that will lower another lift leading up to the red keycard.
With the red key, go back to the T-junction at the start of the level and follow the corridor south and west to a button that will lower the lift next to it. Ride the lift up and head south through the exit door (requiring the red key), then flip the switch in front of you to finish the level.
Other points of interest
After going down the steps on the west side of the octagonal hallway, open the north wall to find a berserk pack behind a red fuel rod. Ensure you are wearing a radiation suit or you will take 20% damage per second while standing in the room.
After going through the blue key door, instead of following the tunnel west and south to the button you can instead press on the wall due north of the door (linedef 652), which will have the same effect as pressing the button. Whether this is intentional or a mapping error is unknown.
- Head south at the first fork, and when you get to the corner, press on the inner part of the corner on the north side to reveal a hidden switch. Before pressing it, head to the left and lower the lift, then run back and press the hidden switch. Quickly return to the lift and as it rises, enter the corridor to the west to get a partial invisibility and rockets. (sector 208)
- In the main hallway, enter the inner room at the east side and use the computer terminal in front of you. After doing this, return to the hallway and quickly run to the south end. A compartment to the south will be open, containing a chainsaw, clips and a megaarmor. (sector 125)
- At the west side of the main hallway, press on the south-east wall near the steps to find a yellow keycard. (sector 119)
- At the west side of the main hallway, take the steps down and press on the back wall at the east end to find a light amplification visor, a radiation suit and a computer area map. (sector 56)
- Enter the nukage near the exit and open the north-east wall to find a box of shotgun shells, a medikit and an armor. (sector 200)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains ten spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 358)
- facing north. (thing 359)
- facing north-west. (thing 360)
- facing south. (thing 361)
- facing north. (thing 362)
- facing south. (thing 363)
- facing north-west. (thing 364)
- facing north-west. (thing 365)
- facing south-west. (thing 366)
- facing south-west. (thing 372)