E1M2: Storage Facility (Chex Quest)
|Chex Quest maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
Open the door, run past the huge storage room and go upstairs. Either left or right you have to go with the corridor, take the yellow keys. Head downstairs and another set of stairs that goes down. Open the yellow door and step into the teleporter pad. Open the big refrigerated storage door. Get up the wide lift, ride it and go into the middle room. Turn to your left and seek out a red or a blue key. Backtrack to the huge storage room and ride the lift to the left of the player spawn. Go to the right side if you have the blue key, go to the left side if you have the red key. In front of the slime pool there is a switch. Press it and open the blue/red door and step into the teleporter pad. Push the switch and step into the teleporter pad again. Open the hangar door and flip the switch.
Other points of interest
- Pressing the switch in the room you visit after entering a teleporter pad behind either the red or blue door counts as secret. The switch unlocks the way to the exit, so the secret is impossible to miss (sector 253).
- In the storage room with the lift that leads to the red key, use the lift to go up and then move straight ahead until a brown crate is in front of you. Another brown crate should reside behind it and near a wall. Press on the northern side of the crate in order to open a secret door in the south-eastern room, leading to a zorcher and a phasing zorcher pack (sector 269).
- From secret #2, go to the south-western room and press on the northern side of the crate. A secret door will open (sector 275), with a teleporter that will lead you to the top floor of the opposing storage room in the map.
- In the storage room with the lift that leads to the blue key, use the lift to go up and then move to the south-eastern room. Press on the southern side of the crate pile. A secret door will open (sector 290), with a glass of water and a teleporter that will lead you to the top floor of the opposing storage room.
- In the storage room with the lift that leads to the red key, you can use the lift to jump onto the tallest crate piles in the same room. Lower the lift and when the lift will have the height enough for you to jump on the crates do this and open the misaligned wall. Crawl down the vents and you will be led into a blue room with some of the Digital Café members, the laz device and a phasing zorcher pack.
In the room to the south of the blue key, each of the crates has a side that can be pressed on in order to open secret #3. One is usable, while the other two aren't as accessible, unless clipping is disabled.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed||1:00.46||2022-10-26||cqm2-10046.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV max||1:49.34||2022-09-22||cq2m149.zip||Also Almost Reality|
|NoMo||0:52.97||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2019-08-24||c1q2o052.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 6, 2022.
This level contains four spawn points:
- facing south-east. (thing 15)
- facing south-west. (thing 16)
- facing north-west. (thing 17)
- facing north-east. (thing 18)