E1M2: The Magistrates Tomb (Realm of Parthoris)
|The Realm of Parthoris maps|
E1M2: The Magistrates Tomb is the second map of Realm of Parthoris. It was designed by Sebastian Graham (General Rainbow Bacon) and uses the music track "The Avenger's Domain," by Viscra Maelstrom.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 Sources
- 10 External links
Turn left and head past the pods until you reach some steps, go up them and turn left again, heading forward until you reach a water pool with an Ethereal Crossbow and four stacks of Ethereal Arrows. Press the switch on the wall west of this pool to raise a set of steps behind you, go up them to reach a platform with some nitrogolem ghosts then step on the teleporter in the north-west corner to reach a second platform with some undead warriors. In the south-west corner of this platform is some red teleport glitter; step into it to be teleported to the platform in the middle of the courtyard, quickly step round some undead warrior ghosts to collect the Gauntlets of the Necromancer then head up the curved stairs to find one or two nitrogolems guarding a switch.
Press the switch then drop to the ground and head north until you reach some stairs, which lead up to a Bag of Holding in front of a now-open door. Kill the fire gargoyles and undead warriors waiting in the next room then look closely at the west wall to see that it is slightly misaligned; open this wall to find one or two disciples of D'Sparil guarding a switch. Press it then go back to the previous room where four walls with banners have opened, step past these walls but do not go too far as you will activate a crusher trap. Head west into a narrow passage and follow it until you find a Dragon Claw, kill the waiting gargoyles then press the switch in the north-west corner.
Go back to where you passed the bannered walls then head north to find a Silver Shield - a wall behind the shield has lowered and you can enter the room behind it, which contains undead warriors surrounded by a moving ceiling. Head east towards a rock wall which will lower as you approach, then turn right to drop into a hole with two nitrogolems and an ophidian; there is a pool of lava to the south which contains two or three weredragons and the yellow key. Take the key then go back to the previous room and head north through a doorway with yellow key gizmos, following the passage behind it east to a silver door. Open the door and pick up three Timebombs of the Ancients behind it; three walls will open to the north revealing disciples of D'Sparil who are guarding a Silver Shield, a Shadowsphere and other supplies. Head east from this cache to a room with a lava pool and various monsters; the green key can be found on a platform in the middle of the pool.
Backtrack past the crushers to where you found the Dragon Claw, then head west to a door requiring the green key. Behind the door is a room with a sludge pool; the blue key is on a coffin in the middle of the pool. Taking the key will open some closets containing disciples and an iron lich - kill the monsters if you wish then step into the teleporter in one of the north closets, which will send you to a ledge east of the starting point (monsters will teleport in to the west; if you left the pods here intact then you can blow these up to help kill the enemies). Go back to the start point and open the blue key door here, destroy two or three iron liches waiting behind it then enter the tunnel to finish the level.
Other points of interest
East of the starting area is a staircase near some waterfalls. Climb to the top of this staircase to find a pool of water containing a Morph Ovum.
A Tome of Power can be found behind a brazier in the crusher area.
From the yellow key area, head east until you reach a small cavern with lava, where some weredragons are guarding a Map Scroll.
- The switch in the room north of the crusher room reveals a room nearby with undead warriors and a Crystal Vial. Press on the emblem in this room to lower some walls allowing you to get Claw Orbs, Ethereal Arrows and a Morph Ovum. (sector 116)
- Enter the lava in front of the yellow key, then walk through the south-west wall to find a Ring of Invincibility. (sector 172)
- Shoot the pod in the south-west corner of the green key room and open the wall behind it to find an Enchanted Shield and a switch. (sector 171)
- The switch in secret #3 opens a door at the left end of the hallway leading to the green key room. Quickly press the switch and run through the door. The pool you reach has Mace Spheres, a Quiver of Ethereal Arrows, a Claw Orb and a chance of receiving a Firemace. (sector 174)
- In the blue key room, once the monster closets open up, enter the one in the south-west and go through the wall. After you step on the platform to lower it, return to the starting point and head up the steps east of that area. A new opening is here, where you can get a Quartz Flask, a Tome of Power, Greater Runes and a Hellstaff. (sector 241)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 12, 2021.
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: