E1M3: Biolabs (No Sleep for the Dead)
This level includes a secret exit to E1M9: For Hell Cried Lead.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Head through the door and kill the zombieman behind it (then two shotgun guys on Ultra-Violence or Nightmare skill levels) then go through the doorway and turn right at the junction. Follow the corridor to find a shotgun by a computer wall and use it to kill the demons and imps behind you, then go south through another doorway and climb the tan staircase to the top to find some more waiting imps. Turn right at the junction to find another shotgun - when you stand on it, a door will open to the east. Go through, watching out for a shotgun guy ambush on Hurt Me Plenty or higher.
Go east through another doorway and head down some stairs guarded by imps. Turn left at the bottom and kill any monsters ahead, then go straight forward to pick up the yellow keycard. An alcove containing imps will open behind you - kill them then retrace your steps back to the starting area and head north at the junction. Go round the corner and collect the armor, then open the door with yellow key markings and kill one or two shotgun waiting behind it. Go through and turn right, kill any monsters blocking the way and go through the exit door on your left. Turn left and press the switch ahead to finish the level and proceed to E1M4: Sludge Factory.
Other points of interest
In the north-east corner of the level, a partial invisibility powerup can be seen on a pillar. To lower the pillar, follow the passage east of the pillar round until you find a window overlooking the nukage. Flip the switch next to the window to lower the pillar, and open several alcoves containing monsters.
- Open the door at the start and head up the stairs to the right. Open the gray wall at the top of the steps (between two light strips) to find armor bonuses and a chaingun. (sector 72)
- From the previous secret, head round the corner and go up the steps. The second step has a different texture - when you cross this step, a door will open for a few seconds. Go to the top of the steps and turn left at the junction, head round the corner and follow the passage through the door before it closes. Take the lift down to enter a room with nukage, as well as a chainsaw on a pillar. (sector 82) Flip the switch on the north face of the pillar to lower it so you can get the weapon.
- From secret #2, open the south-west wall with a marine corpse in front of it and follow the passage to find a second room with nukage, containing a megaarmor, a medikit and three armor bonuses. (sector 44)
- Go up the steps leading to secret #2 and go right at the junction. Get the shotgun on the lit square to open the nearby door and go south and around to a dead end. Open the wall next to the floor lamp to find a backpack and a set of steps with four armor bonuses. (sector 186)
- Go down the steps from secret #4 to see some imps guarding a supercharge. (sector 185) When you take the item you will cross a walkover line that opens a wall leading back to secret #1, and also trigger secret #6.
- See secret #5. (sector 200)
- Go to the nukage pool in the north-east corner of the level, which has a partial invisibility powerup on a pillar. Look in the south-west corner of the pool to find a chaingun and a switch. (sector 225)
- Throw the switch in secret #7 to open a nearby closet with imps and another switch. Press the switch then backtrack to the south area of the level (near the second shotgun) to find that a wall has opened to the north. Go through it and follow the passage to find a computer area map and a switch. (sector 127)
- Flip the switch in Secret #8 and return to the starting area. Go down the steps to the north to find that a passage has opened in the north wall. Follow this passage to reach the secret exit area. (sector 206) Watch out for an ambush by spectres, imps and shotgun guys when you approach the exit door.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||0:34.86||2021-12-26||ns4d3-34.zip|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV max||3:56.54||Blake Collins (Rayziik)||2016-07-19||nos1d3-356.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 49)
- facing east. (thing 50)
- facing east. (thing 51)
- facing east. (thing 52)
- facing east. (thing 53)
- facing east. (thing 54)