E1M3: Chex Museum (Chex Quest 2)
|Chex Quest 2 maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Statistics
- 5 Technical information
- 6 Inspiration and development
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
Turn left, then right, then head outdoors and pick the blue key underneath the further orange tree. Backtrack and open the blue door, go upstairs, turn right, then left, go upstairs and get behind the spaceship to get the yellow key. Backtrack and open the yellow door, turn left to go downstairs, go straight until you meet a fork in the road, turn left to pick the red key. Backtrack to the place where you picked the yellow key and open the red door and step onto the teleporter pad. In the hedge maze when you meet a fork in the road: Turn left, then left again, turn right, go straight, turn left, flip the switch.
Other points of interest
- Press on the picture with the milkmaid to spill her milk jug, that will open up a room to your right containing a flemoid larva, a flemoidus quadrumpus, a bowl of vegetables and the laz device. (sector 69)
- Behind the yellow door, if you go straight, flip the switch and go under it, then go left again, and flip another switch you'll find a flemoidus bipedicus and a supercharge breakfast. (sector 141)
- Behind the yellow door, if you go straight, flip the switch and go under it, then go straight, flip another switch and go under it, and do the same behind the switch to the other switch, go straight, then flip the switch to the right and go under it into a room with a zorchpak, two flemoidus bipedicuses and a teleporter pad that will lead you back into the art area. (sector 124)
- Behind the yellow door one of the three ways to get there is if you go straight, left, straight, to the left of the second switch, in the corner there's a fake 32x32 wide wall, you can glide into a tight hallway with a supercharge breakfast. (sector 120)
- A couple of flemoid larvas are stuck in each other upstairs behind the blue door.
- If you press on the middle path to get the final secret, the hallway will open and then get locked with a hall of mirrors, but you can still reopen the hallway with the same sidedef.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The data was last verified in its entirety on November 6, 2022.
There's no secret exit in this map.
Inspiration and development
- The first painting in the first art gallery is a chex parody of Vincent van Gogh's portrait.
- The second painting in the first art gallery is a chex parody of Edvard Munch's painting The Scream.
- The third painting in the first art gallery is a chex parody of Leonardo da Vinci's painting Mona Lisa.
- The grayscale statue to the right is a chex parody of Auguste Rodin's sculpture The Thinker.
- The painting to the left in the second art gallery is a chex parody of Johannes Vermeer's painting The Milkmaid.
- The painting to the middle in the second art gallery is a chex parody of Sandro Botticelli's painting The Birth of Venus.
- The painting to the right in the second art gallery is a chex parody of Minimalism art.