E1M3: Fuel Synthesis (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M3: Fuel Synthesis is the third map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Sarah Mancuso (esselfortium) in the style of John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 1:45.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Past your starting room take the left path and grab a shotgun, then north to a lift down to an armor. Now take the path in front of the starting room, going past the yellow door, through halls and stairs. At the fork, go left, and down the path you should see the yellow keycard. Grabbing the keycard lowers the room with a small ambush. Now go back to the yellow door. Through this door, take the stairs into a large green-walled room. You may not notice it, but there is a walkway here that needs to be raised. To raise it, go down and then south up the next set of stairs here and hit the switch. Enter through the door and the walkway should be rising. Continue on the path looking out for the wall of monsters in the next big room. As you go, there will be two blue doors in another big room. Ignore them for now and continue on the path until you find a big gray door. Inside is the blue key. Now take those blue doors.
If you are going for the normal exit, then ignore the nukage and go up the path to a blue-floored room. From here, you will see a switch and a lift. The switch raises the lift, as well as a walkway that you previously crossed. In front of you is the exit door. If you are heading for the secret exit then head into the nukage pool to the southeast into a winding passage. You will gain a secret and another new area. Go to the end of this room, and press on the left computer wall in the alcove to open it, onto the ledge with the zombieman and medikit. The switch here opens a passageway close to where you accessed the ledge. Go through this passage to an outdoor secret area where you can grab a rocket launcher. From there, keep going north and a lift will be available. Take it up, but turn around. You can jump the wall here. Out here, grab the armor bonuses and go through the small room up the lift. When you approach the computer wall, it will open, along with another wall to the left. Through this wall are two zombiemen and the secret exit door.
Other points of interest
- When you pick up the yellow keycard, the floor you are on will be lowered and a demon and two imps may ambush you. In the closet where the demon came from, you can open the southern wall to find a blur artifact. (sector 271)
- Just before the room with the yellow keycard, head for the other path in the fork, going north and then around to a room with a blue floor. Flip the switch here, and then backtrack down the two sets of stairs you previously crossed before, as if you were going back to the yellow door. On the way, spot the gray computer panel to your left, and you will see an opening that was created when you flipped the switch. Inside, you will find a couple of ammo clips and armor bonuses, as well as a passage. (sector 278)
- Take the passage in Secret #2 to an area with blue floors. The one on your right is the secret. (sector 250) If you want the next secret, press the switch in this area.
- If you pressed the switch in Secret #3, as you are heading back to the yellow door, you will find some ground has been lowered just after the room with the gray computer panel. Drop down into this open area and you can acquire a box of bullets and a chaingun. (sector 260)
- From behind the yellow door, look to the right and you will see a wall that is part green and part brown. Use this wall to lower it to obtain some armor bonuses and some shotgun shells. (sector 52)
- Once you raise the walkway leading further into the eastern portion of the map, go until you reach the curvy staircase. Open the wall on the outer bend of the staircase to find a platform with a backpack, a box of rockets, and a radiation suit. (sector 207)
- From Secret #6, head into the nukage going west and then north to an area with a megaarmor. (sector 229) A lift will lower for you to get back up.
- Behind the blue door, head into the nukage to find a winding passage. (sector 240)
- Go to the end of the room beyond Secret #8. Press on the left computer wall to open it, gaining access to a ledge with a switch. Hit it and drop down going northeast to an outdoor area with a rocket launcher. (sector 234)
- From secret #9, head north, and use the lift up. Turn towards the northeast, and jump the wall to land outside of the base where you can collect some armor bonuses and a box of ammo. (sector 255) When you use the lift in this sector and open up the computer panel, you will also reveal the path to the secret exit.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)||0:50.23||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2021-03-04||i1d3p050.zip||Cross-listed from Pacifist|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)||3:31.91||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2012-11-06||i1dxnm.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)|
|UV max||3:14.03||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-08-29||dtwid1-3-314.zip|
|UV -fast||3:43.46||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-08-31||dtwid1-3f343.zip|
|UV -respawn||3:11.26||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-08-31||dtwid1-3r311.zip|
|UV Tyson||7:22.34||Guanlan Chen (GarrettChan)||2021-09-04||i1d3t722.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)||0:50.23||Drew DeVore (stx-Vile)||2021-03-04||i1d3p050.zip|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|
|NoMo (normal exit)||0:39.89||2020-10-27||e1m3o3989.zip|
|NoMo (secret exit)||0:57.86||2020-10-27||e1m3so5786.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains eight spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 356)
- facing east. (thing 357)
- facing north-west. (thing 364)
- facing south. (thing 368)
- facing north. (thing 373)
- facing east. (thing 401)
- facing south. (thing 425)
- facing south. (thing 426)