E1M3: Laboratory (Chex Quest)
|Chex Quest maps|
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Go to the right, open the door, go behind it, turn left again, open another door, go behind it, open another door, go behind it, head down the corridor, open another door, take blue key in corner, backtrack, open blue door, go behind pillar, open another blue door and another regular door behind it, step onto the teleporter pad, open door, go down the tunnel behind it and past the chemistry desk, open door, take a U turn behind it, open door, go down tunnel, open yet another door, go behind the desk, open door, turn left, open door, take yellow key, backtrack, open yellow door, go down the hallways, open door, open another door behind it, go down the hallway, open door, turn left, open door, go down some more halls, open door, turn left, go past the white decks, take red key, backtrack, open red door, go by the tunnel, open door and another one behind it, trip down the black and white stripped tunnel, flip the switch and flip another one behind it.
Other points of interest
- The non-secret computer area map is on a damaging pedestal.
- The trap in the red key room has a chex(r) armor, simply go through the slimed wall the flemoids came from.
- The bookshelves at the very first chemistry room need to be pressed to open up a secret with a computer area map.
- The vents in the first gray non-secret area are passable through, simply go through the vent opening and crawl into a transport area, jump into the teleporter pad to get launched back into the very first chemistry room.
- The vents on the central pillar in the key-locked door hub area have the same effect as the second secret, go through the vent opening to get a chex(r) armor.
- The room after the full potion room needs to get its right glass cupboard pressed to open up and reveal a zorch propulsor and a zorchpak.
- Some walls are shootable through.
- There's a Common Flemoid outside the map.
- There's a Flemoidus Cycloptis stuck in the exit room.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The Compet-n records for the map are:
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level:
- In the intermission screen the level is called Laboratory
- In the automap the level is called Experimental Lab
- There's no secret exit.
Inspiration and development