E1M3: Logistics Center (No End In Sight)
|No End In Sight maps
1994 Ways To Die
|The Depths of Doom
|Blood Stained Earth
This level includes a secret exit to E1M9: Quarantine Silos.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun next to you then open either door and climb the stairs ahead to an area with several imps, zombiemen and shotgun guys. Turn right and go through the east doorway then follow the tunnels east to a large room with octagonal columns; the yellow keycard is on a ledge lined with tech columns. Press the switch on the north wall to raise a set of steps which you can climb to reach the key - when you reach the top, watch out for a closet that opens behind you containing imps and shotgun guys.
Go back to the top of the first staircase then go to the west side of this area to find a door requiring the yellow key. Go through it and immediately turn right, following the passage to a staircase curving round a nukage pool - follow this staircase to the top and go through the door, then go down some steps and turn right at the bottom to see a large room with many doors. None of the doors will open when used, but you can walk round to the north side of the room to find the blue keycard.
Go back to the curved staircase and head back down it; halfway down is a passage leading to a door requiring the blue key. Open it and kill a waiting demon and shotgun guy, then step through and turn left to see a room with a bridge over nukage that is guarded by several enemies. Cross this bridge and kill the imps, shotgun guys and zombiemen blocking the room ahead then head straight forward to the exit door. Open it and press the switch behind this door to move on to E1M4: Abandoned Factory.
After collecting the red keycard mentioned in secret #10, return to the starting point and look north-west to see a door requiring the red key. Pass through it and head down the steps to an area with zombies and imps. Go through the exit door in this area to find some more monsters guarding the secret exit switch, which will take you to E1M9: Quarantine Silos.
Other points of interest
After climbing the stairs near the start point you will see a large block of computer panels in front of you. Go round to the east side of this block to find a button with three red lines on it; press the button to lower part of the block and reveal an armor.
- From the top of the stairs at the start, jump through the window on the right and through to the next window above the nukage. However, instead of dropping to the floor below (which is Secret #2), stay on the window and nudge your way to the ledge with the silver UAC logo on it. Open the wall next to the logo to reach the other ledge in this room with a backpack. (sector 29)
- See secret #1. This is the floor with the partial invisibility, clips and stimpack. The switch in this room opens the doors here, as well as one to the east. (sector 46)
- Flipping the switch in secret #2 opens a wall at the east end of the hallway, containing a zombieman and an imp. Go towards the lamp to the north of this small room to hear a lift lower, then return to the small room to reach the lift. Ride it up for a chaingun. (sector 62)
- Open the dirty wall next to the eastern blue key door for a secret room with two boxes of shotgun shells and three medikits. (sector 305) There is another blue key door in this room which you can open to find a computer area map and a switch; the switch reveals a spectre guarding a chainsaw, however it also opens up secret #6.
- Just south-west of the room with multiple doors, open the wall next to the lamp for a passage leading to ammo clips and a stimpack. (sector 153) The switch here opens walls to the south, where you can fight through imps to the next switch which gives you a supercharge.
- The room with many doors, the same one where the blue key is hidden, has a central room containing a megaarmor and two boxes of bullets. The way to open these doors involves three switches hidden behind the walls on the perimeter of this room; however, these walls open up from other switches you may find throughout the map. If you find the mentioned switches in secrets #2, #4, and #5, you can open these walls. The switches behind each wall open some of the doors, revealing lots of monsters behind each one; at least two switches must be pressed to reach the central room which counts as the secret. (sector 252)
- At the southern end of the maze at the north-western part of the map, just above the area with fences, open the wall on the west side to reach an interior section with shotgun guys, a partial invisibility and armor. (sector 455)
- At the east end of the maze at the north-western part of the map, you may spot an arrow of health bonuses pointing northwest. Go in the direction they point to; as you leap off the ledge, a lift lowers. Keep going north-west until you spot an opening leading north. When you do so, look left for a spectre (another one is further back on higher skill settings). There is a rocket launcher and a box of rockets hidden away in this area. (sector 463)
- Once you have the blue key and pressed the switch mentioned in secret #4, return to the yellow key room and the north-east corner will be open. Aside from the armor and other supplies present, the teleporter here takes you to the red key area. (sector 105)
- You may have noticed the red key just south of where the yellow key was located. There were also imps around here, lowering walls to attack you; make sure you do not kill these imps, otherwise you will not be able to reach this secret or the secret exit. Enter the teleporter in secret #7 and wait for the imps to lower one of the walls. You can claim the red key from the second compartment from the left, although it is only required for the secret exit and not this particular secret. Go to the right-most compartment next to the window leading out into the nukage. Make a jump from this compartment and out the window, then go south and up the steps to collect a chaingun and a rocket launcher. (sector 434)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)
|UV speed (secret exit)
|NM speed (normal exit)
|NM speed (secret exit)
|UV pacifist (normal exit)
|UV pacifist (secret exit)
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 21, 2021.
This level contains nine spawn points:
- facing west. (thing 424)
- facing south. (thing 425)
- facing south. (thing 426)
- facing south. (thing 427)
- facing north-west. (thing 428)
- facing north. (thing 429)
- facing south. (thing 430)
- facing east. (thing 431)
- facing south. (thing 432)