E1M3 (Return to Phobos)
|Return to Phobos maps|
This level occupies the map slot E1M3. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M3.
E1M3 is the third map of Return to Phobos. It was designed by Michael Kelsey.
This level contains a secret exit to E1M9.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- At the start, turn left and go down the lift (the blue key is down here). Press the switch immediately ahead, and collect the blue key. Now take the lift to the right of the start (towards the blue door). The switch has opened two paths leading into a maze which contains both a red key (in the east) and switch (in the north). The switch reveals a teleporter in the south of the maze, which takes you to a platform with some rockets and 1-3 imps, which counts as a secret. The teleporter ahead leads to another platform (also part of the same secret sector) with a rocket launcher, two rockets, and 1-3 imps. The teleporter ahead leads back to the start. (sector 139)
- Next to the blue key is a secret door which requires the red key. This leads to a room with a switch which opens up a room opposite, which contains a switch which both reveals a switch to the north-west of the start and opens a door at the end of a passage north-east of the start. Both the room behind the red door and the room opposite count as secrets. (sector 127)
- See #2. (sector 126)
- Press the aforementioned switch to the north-west of the start and take the lift up. The switch on the left opens up a door (#4) leading to a plasma gun and energy cells located a bit to the north-east. (sector 118)
- The octagonal room next to #4 has a switch which opens a door straight ahead of the start. Go through this door and continue up the steps until you reach a platform. Shoot the switch opposite, and take either of the two teleporters that open up. Go through either door, and go through the doors to the secret exit. (sector 148)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed (normal exit)|
|UV speed (secret exit)|
|NM speed (normal exit)||0:57||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2003-05-02||return01_na2.zip|
|NM speed (secret exit)||2:00||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2003-05-06||return01_na2.zip|
|UV -fast||8:10||Serge Marudov (Never Again)||2002-05-25||return01_na.zip|
|UV pacifist (normal exit)|
|UV pacifist (secret exit)|