E1M4: Fossilized (Realm of Parthoris)
|The Realm of Parthoris maps|
E1M4: Fossilized is the fourth map of Realm of Parthoris. It was designed by TheCupboard and uses the music track "Skeleton," by Ilkallio.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Follow the path in front of you until you reach an Ethereal Crossbow then go up the steps to find a Dragon Claw guarded by fire gargoyles and a nitrogolem ghost, as well as more enemies that teleport in. Head east down some more steps to a Silver Shield, then continue north over a magma pool to reach two open gates. Head north past some brown structures until you find your route blocked by bars, then head east into a cavern which contains two nitrogolems protecting a switch. Pull the switch to open the bars, then leave the cave and head north-east after passing the bars to a brick building with two doors.
Go through either door to a room with another Ethereal Crossbow, then go east into a crate room and north to a larger hall with some undead warriors; a set of steps will rise as you enter the hall. Climb the steps to enter a room where five fire gargoyles are guarding a switch; press this switch then go back down the steps to find that a door has opened in front of you, revealing two disciples of D'Sparil in front of a teleporter. Step on the teleporter to reach a ledge, then look to your left to see a window - jump through this window to find an undead warrior guarding Lesser Runes and the green key.
As you step on the plinth with the green key it will take you down to ground level. Kill the nearby disciples then open the green key door in front of you then head west and north up some steps, passing two iron liches and other enemies, until you reach the top where several weredragons are guarding a Mystic Urn and another teleporter. Step on this teleporter to finish the level.
Other points of interest
A Firemace can spawn in two possible locations:
- In the south-east corner of the crate room, in the same spot as a Morph Ovum.
- Up some steps west of the teleporter to the green key building, in the same spot as a Quiver of Ethereal Arrows.
After crossing the bridge near the start point you will head north to a magma pool. Just before you reach this pool, look for a switch in a red wall on your right; this will remove the magma and allow you to reach a Hellstaff.
From the magma pool, head north through some open gates to an area with brown tiles. On your right is a structure containing a Tome of Power; press the switch hidden on the east side of this structure to lower the tome.
After pressing the switch to lower the bars, look behind it to locate a Torch.
After entering the building containing the second Ethereal Crossbow, collect the weapon then look east to see a switch hidden in the wall - shooting it will raise some steps in the south-east corner of the room. Use these steps to get on top of the barrels then step west over them to a Dragon Claw.
- Cross the bridge over the ice to the right side, then jump into the ice on the north side and enter the teleporter. You will reach the top of the ship, where you can get a Phoenix Rod. (sector 608)
- When you reach the brown tiles along the path, turn left and go through the cave finding a Crystal Geode and Flame Orbs. (sector 158)
- When your path is blocked by bars, enter the cave to the right, then go all the way to the right end of the cave to find a Claw Orb and an Energy Orb. (sector 781)
- South-west of secret #3, you can find a Chaos Device. Stay on the ledge where it is located and go north and west to find two Timebombs of the Ancients and a nitrogolem. (sector 219)
- The switch in the cave east of the bars will lower them, but it will also release the Tome of Power you saw at the starting point. Go back there to get the tome. (sector 272)
- Once you get past the bars, head to the south-west area beyond the bars to find a Phoenix Rod. Take the steps up and around, then go towards the ledge with the wall torch. On that ledge, you can vaguely make out a switch on the underside of the wall. Press it to remove the icy rock to the east which contains a Silver Shield. (sector 765)
- Inside the crate room at the north-east end of the map, near the hall leading north, use the metal plate on the floor to reach the crates at the north-east corner. Press on the crate with an emblem on it to reveal a cave behind it. At the end is an Energy Orb. (sector 381)
- Now take that hall north and west, and some stairs will rise up. Climb them, then into the room with fire gargoyles and a switch. Press on the west wall to lower it and get Timebombs of the Ancients and Lesser Runes. (sector 452)
- The switch mentioned in the previous secret opens the way north to a teleporter. Shoot at the corpse behind the teleporter to open a wall to the east, where an undead warrior ghost guards a Timebomb of the Ancients, a Quartz Flask and a Crystal Vial. (sector 513)
- Take the teleporter in the previous secret to reach the next ledge. Here, instead of jumping into the green key building, head along the backside of the building to a new cave to get a Shadowsphere and a Map Scroll. (sector 800)
- After passing through the green key door, head east towards a red patch of ground on the east side. Maneuver around until you reach the upper ledge and you will find Mace Spheres and a Crystal Vial. (sector 702)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
The (absence of) data was last verified in its entirety on December 12, 2021.
This level contains only one spawn point, making it unplayable in deathmatch mode:
- facing east. (thing 259)
This level contains the following numbers of things per skill level: