E1M4: Hydroponic Facility (Double Impact)
|Double Impact maps|
E1M4: Hydroponic Facility is the fourth map of Double Impact. It was designed by Matt Cibulas (RottKing) and Ralph Vickers (Ralphis), and uses the music track "Suspense" by Robert Prince. The par time defined in the DMAPINFO lump of the edition released as official add-on is 7:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take the shotgun in front of you and use it to blow up the caged imps and barrels ahead, then go through the south doorway and turn right to see more imps. Head up the steps here to a yellow key door (which leads to the exit), then continue north-west up another staircase to find some zombies blocking another door. Open this door to get to a ledge above the starting area, follow it to a tan door then go through and head straight forward to collect a chaingun, which you can use to mow down the crowd of enemies inside the hall to the east. Go through the doorway in the east wall and head round the corner to a door, open it then immediately turn left to see some blue steps heading down to a button. Press the button then go back to where you found the chaingun and head west up some steps to an open door, which leads to another button; press it to lower the floor beneath you and go down to a room with several small enemies and one or two cacodemons, then climb the steps on the west side to get to the blue keycard.
Press the button next to the blue key then drop to the floor below and head east through a door that has opened, which will bring you back to the starting area. Go through the south doorway again and turn left this time, go up some steps then turn right and right again to pass through another door. Turn left to enter a curved corridor and follow it until you see a locked door on your left with blue lights, then open this door to see a button in front of you - the button will open the column ahead to reveal lost souls and the yellow keycard, but will also open a monster closet behind you holding zombies and imps. Go back through the blue key door and continue following the corridor east and north until you see some steps on your left; climb them then cross the bridge that rises to get the yellow key.
Kill a cacodemon and any demons that teleport in behind you, then return to the yellow key door on the west side of the map and open it. Go round the corner and kill all the enemies defending the staircase ahead, then climb it and turn right and right again to see the exit door. Open the door and slay a waiting cacodemon, then blow up the barrels around the next corner before flipping the exit switch at the end of the hall.
Other points of interest
- Near the yellow door, open the east wall that has some slime on it to find a spectre (or two) guarding a medikit and a backpack. (sector 236)
- When you reach the large room on the north side of the map, look south and go through the vine. On the ledge here, look at the vine-covered wall on the east side with the silver ridges around it and open it. This secret room contains shotgun shells, rockets, a medikit and a switch. (sector 129)
- The switch in secret #2 opens a door on ground level just south of where the switch is. Go through this door, making sure to pick up a radiation shielding suit as you hop into the nukage going south. As you do, look for a brown wall. Open this wall and follow the passage to a secret room with numerous supplies and a teleporter. This teleporter takes you to the cage in the middle of the room with a supercharge. (sector 221)
- In the room directly west of the yellow key room is a large lift. Ride it up, and find the computer terminal with the monitor on it. Open it up to find a rocket launcher, a medikit and two rockets. (sector 191)
- In the nukage surrounding the yellow key area, press on the wall at the south-east corner for a lift, where you can collect a backpack and stimpacks. (sector 200)
- When you press the switch that reveals the yellow key, you also open up a closet behind you. You can open the central wall in this closet, revealing passages containing rockets, shotgun shells, health bonuses and armor bonuses. (sector 296)
- Open the yellow door and climb the steps. At the top, go to the north-east corner and open the white-streaked wall here for a stimpack and a button. (sector 349) This button opens the door in the previous room, the door that was south of the yellow door, allowing you to head outside to a megaarmor then east to a metal lift. The lift leads up to a room with various items, including a computer area map.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|UV max||4:30.11||Boris Klimeš (dew)||2012-05-04||d1i4-430.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on December 9, 2021.
This level contains eleven spawn points:
- facing east. (thing 521)
- facing west. (thing 522)
- facing north. (thing 523)
- facing south. (thing 524)
- facing north. (thing 525)
- facing south. (thing 526)
- facing north. (thing 527)
- facing south-west. (thing 528)
- facing east. (thing 529)
- facing south-east. (thing 530)
- facing south. (thing 537)