E1M4: Treatment Plant (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M4: Treatment Plant is the fourth map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Jason Root (Hellbent) in the style of John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 1:30.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Open the door at the start. Go from this room to the next room. You will notice the wall lowering across the nukage to the north once you enter this room. The whole northern part of the map exhibits quite a lot of inter-connectivity and includes five secrets. Get them if you want, but to continue, follow the path eastward as much as you can to a lift up to the blue key. Now use it to get through the blue door nearby. Head across the river of nukage going westward. Follow the path until the next fork. To your right will be a lift, take it to find the red keycard. Go back and all the way west once you grab it, entering the red door. You have a number of choices at this point. The door immediately to your left contains several supplies. If you have the yellow key, you can take the other path on your left, and possibly find an alternative route to the exit, involving some secrets. Otherwise, take the path on your right, from this room into the next big room. There is a small alcove to the right with a switch, raising stairs and opening a door at the top of those stairs. Inside is another switch, hitting this one lowers the wall behind you. Behind this wall is the room closest to the starting point. However, go on the wall only and head west, through the next door and up the stairs into the next big room. This large room houses the exit door right in the middle. Behind this door is a set of stairs and a switch.
Other points of interest
- Not far from the start, you come across a large open area abundant with nukage. As you enter this area, a large portion of wall to your left will lower, revealing a walkway and a chaingun on the pedestal further away. Cross the nukage, grab the chaingun and press the button in the alcove behind it. This temporarily reveals a doorway some distance to your left. Take the hidden corridor (sector 191) to emerge in otherwise unreachable outside area in the northeastern portions of the map. Collect the computer map and a box of rockets, then open the misaligned wall to return back indoors.
- There is a small hexagonal pool of slime a short distance further from the aforementioned large open area. Open the very noticeable slime-stained patch on the grey brick wall nearby and press the button inside this secret compartment. (sector 200) There is also a medikit and a radiation suit.
- Return back to the large open area, where a new passageway has been revealed (switch in secret #2), indicated by a blue light. Ascend the stairs to arrive in the room overlooking the bridge in the southern parts of the map, and collect the backpack, a pair of medikits, and some ammo. (sector 44) Before you leave, take a peek out of the window and note a tunnel entrance to your east.
- Around the bend past the blue door, enter the small room to the north and press the button there. Go back and look for a newly-revealed passage near the bronze grating. Pick up the green armor and ascend the stairs. Approach the computer bank in front of you, and it will reveal the rocket launcher that you have seen earlier. (sector 104)
- Press the button next to the red keycard, and you will see another button being revealed in the circular room in front of you. (There is also a megaarmor in front of the switch.) Return to the secret #3, and now drop down into the slime. Run all the way to that circular room, grabbing a radsuit if necessary, collect the armor, and press the button you saw having been revealed. Continue along the slimy passages and flip the switch in the brown alcove. Step onto the lift to be taken to a ledge with the blur artifact. (sector 266)
- Behind the blur sphere is yet another button. It opens the next slimy passageway to a small room with a chainsaw, a yellow keycard and some rockets along other items. (sector 96)
- Somewhere after the red-keyed door, you may come across an apparent dead end with some computers. These can be lowered, revealing a door that requires the yellow key. If you have it (from secret #6), go ahead and take a familiar red star-shaped teleporter to be transported to an enclosed room nearby. Press the button and collect the soul sphere from the platform. (sector 283)
- In the exit room, do not enter the final door but go across and press the button in the back. It opens a compartment in the very beginning of the level (not too far away though) with a bullet box and a rocket box. (sector 186)
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NM speed||1:18.74||Kyle McAwesome||2022-07-07||i1d4n118.zip|
|UV max||4:20.69||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-09-07||dtwid1-4-420.zip|
|UV -fast||4:41.40||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-09-07||dtwid1-4f441.zip|
|UV -respawn||3:40.11||Andrea Rovenski (Cyberdemon531)||2021-09-07||dtwid1-4r340.zip|
|UV Tyson||8:53.34||Kieran Millar (Melon)||2016-07-24||i1d4t853.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on August 1, 2022.
This level contains seven spawn points:
- facing south-west. (thing 289)
- facing west. (thing 381)
- facing south. (thing 386)
- facing west. (thing 395)
- facing south. (thing 396)
- facing south-west. (thing 402)
- facing north. (thing 412)