E1M4 (Return to Phobos)
|Return to Phobos maps|
This level occupies the map slot E1M4. For other maps which occupy this slot, see Category:E1M4.
E1M4 is the fourth map of Return to Phobos. It was designed by Michael Kelsey.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
Letters in italics refer to marked spots on the map. Sector numbers in boldface are secrets which count toward the end-of-level tally.
Other points of interest
- From the blue key (which is located in the north-east in the area with various paths inside columns over a blood floor), jump south, east, south, east, north then turn and jump east then north to a platform containing a supercharge and an imp (two imps on hard skill). (sector 114)
- Just south-east of the exit is a long east-west room with a megaarmor at its east end. The eastern wall here is a secret door leading to a room with a chainsaw and (in multiplayer only) four rockets. (sector 46)
- The very north-west area of the map (with the nukage pit containing a supercharge and other health and armor items) contains a secret door on its south wall leading to a room with a teleporter to a room with a supercharge (which can be lowered using a switch). Both of these rooms count as secrets. The trigger line for the door to the former is the step leading to two health bonuses in the west of the north-west area – however, this step is too high to cross, so only 50% secrets and only 88% items are obtainable. (sector 89)
- See #3. (sector 85)
- The map has red doors but no red key. The map can still be completed, however.
- The map has a yellow key but no yellow door.
- Some secrets cannot be reached (see above).
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for the map on the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|NM speed||0:17||Never Again||2003-05-03||return01_na2.zip|
|UV -fast||9:51||Never Again||2002-05-27||return01_na.zip|