E1M5: Caverns of Bazoik (Chex Quest)
|Chex Quest maps|
E1M5: Caverns of Bazoik is the fifth and final map of Chex Quest. It was designed by Digital Café and uses the music track "". The par time is unknown as instead of having an intermission screen showing the par time it instead immediately cuts off to the ending text story.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
Open door and head past the longing tunnel, turn left and get through a longer tunnel, maneuver over the tight sideways of the room at the end of the tunnel until you reach the yellow key, turn a 180 degrees, jump down below and head to the right teleporter of the middle pillar, go through the tunnel until you reach the blue key, once taken backtrack to the teleporter you came from and go across a small slime crack, open the blue door. Go through the tunnel behind it until you see a rocky door beside some crates, open the door and take the red key behind it. Backtrack to the first tunnel of the map and flow yourself down the slime flow, open the red door at the end of the tunnel and step on the teleporter pad behind it. Go left or right and then down a much longer tunnel, fall down the slime flow at the end, send the Flembrane back to its dimension and go towards the trapped chex people hostages.
Other points of interest
- Behind the second lightbulb in the second tunnel there's a tile that's upside-down, press it and turn right behind it, fall down the waterfall and head left to zorch down an armored flemoidus bipedicus, behind it there's a mistiled texture, press it and skip right into the flembrane boss battle. (sector 192)
- Before the yellow key area there's a misaligned texture to the left, press it to obtain two large zorcher packs and a super bootspork. (sector 88)
- Behind the blue door, the first lightbulb can be pressed to reveal a bowl of vegetables, large zorcher and a teleporter pad that will teleport you back to the bottom part of the yellow key room. (sector 84)
- Fall behind the slimeproof suit and open a door for a bowl of fruits (sector 127) and teleporter that will teleport you in front of the red door.
- Press the second lightbulb in the second tunnel to meet an armored flemoidus bipedicus, a bowl of fruits, a bowl of vegetables and the yellow key.
- The trademark at the right side of the flembrane room is pressable to open up some armored flemoidus bipedicuses, 11 water glasses, a bowl of vegetables and a zorch propulsor pack.
- All the four lightbulbs in the flembrane room in total have 4 armored flemoidus bipedicuses, 27 slime repellents, a chex(r) armor, 20 glasses of water, 2 bowls of fruits, 2 bowls of vegetables, a zorch propulsor, a large zorcher and 4 large zorcher packs.
- Random sectors that aren't slime will hurt.
- A couple of flemoidus bipedicuses are stuck on the yellow key edge.
- A couple of flemoidus cycloptises are stuck to each other near the red key.
- The back door to get the red key doesn't open from outside.
- A couple of flemoidus commonuses are stuck in a dummy sector, but you can kill one of them from outside and let the other teleport into a trap.
- A whole bunch of other flemoidus commonuses are stuck in each other in a different dummy sector and block a flemoidus cycloptis to get his way into a trap along the way.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
You can use the first secret to skip the whole map straight to the flembrane battle.
The records for the map at the Doom Speed Demo Archive are:
|NoMo||0:19.71||Aleksey Kamenev (4shockblast)||2019-08-24||c1q5o019.zip|
The data was last verified in its entirety on April 3, 2022.
This level contains five spawn points:
- facing south. (thing 314)
- facing south. (thing 315)
- facing south. (thing 316)
- facing south. (thing 317)
- facing south. (thing 318)
Inspiration and development
The Flembrane was originally supposed to have a map of its own, as there's a graphic for the next map's title simply called The Flembrane.
- This is the only map in Chex Quest that uses the Flembrane.