E1M5: Engineering Bay (Doom the Way id Did)
|Doom the Way id Did maps|
|The Shores of Hell|
E1M5: Engineering Bay is the fifth map of Knee-Deep in the Dead in Doom the Way id Did. It was designed by Jacob Zuchowski (ellmo) in the style of John Romero. The par time defined in the DEHACKED lump is 2:00.
- 1 Walkthrough
- 2 Areas / screenshots
- 3 Speedrunning
- 4 Deathmatch
- 5 Statistics
- 6 Technical information
- 7 Inspiration and development
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See also
- 10 Sources
- 11 External links
Take either staircase down (the left one leads to a chaingun so you may want to take this path). You cannot open both of the doors here yet, so use the lift and go up to a junction. Directly in front of you is the red door leading to the exit, but for now, take either side path going north. At the northernmost end of the map you should find some steps leading to a switch. Flip this switch, turn around, and take the path with the lift. Go up the lift, and you should see on your left a new passageway. Follow this passageway all the way to get the yellow keycard. Once you get it, backtrack to the first lift you had used. There should be a yellow door to your left, and there is also another one below the lift and to the left. Take either door, and if you are on the upper floor, drop down. Press the switch here, revealing columns with imps around you as well as the next switch. This one raises some stairs on the upper floor. Take the nearby lift up and go to the next hall to a switch with two left. There is a switch behind this one that lowers the right lift to a secret. The one in front lowers the lift on the left. Take this one, going across the field to the next door which houses the red keycard. Now go back to the junction with the red door path in the middle. Take the red door to the exit.
Other points of interest
- At the start, go down the right staircase and spot a wall that has a more damaged appearance than the ones around it. Open this wall to obtain a shotgun, some shells, and a stimpack. (sector 189)
- In the northern part of the map past the junction, you can access the northernmost switch by either two ways, by stairs or by lift. If you decide to take the lift (which has two barrels on it), use the nearby switch to lower it, and notice that the wall on the left is misaligned. You can use this wall to lower it revealing a passage where you can obtain some armor bonuses and a computer area map. (sector 191)
- When you press the northernmost switch, use the stairs on the western side. If you had taken this path previously, you may have noticed that one of the side rooms has a conspicuous green wall in it. This wall will now be open to reveal another room. There is a secret in this room, and in order to reach it, run all the way up the stairs as if you were heading back to the first lift. When you hear a door open, run back to the new room to find a compartment open with a soul sphere. (sector 52)
- Behind the yellow door, when you reach the top of the stairs to the northeastern part of this area, you will come across a switch and a lift. If you look behind the switch, you will find another switch which operates another lift, which you can take to find a passage leading to an outside area with health bonuses and a blur artifact. (sector 85)
- When you reach the room with the red key, look to the right to find a brown wall. Open it to find a rocket and a switch. (sector 197) The switch reveals a lift, so you can reach the red door sooner.
Areas / screenshots
Routes and tricks
The records for this map at the Doomed Speed Demos Archive are:
|UV speed||01:30||Didier Bertrand||2011-12-14||i1d5-130.zip|
|NM speed||03:10||Andy Stewart (eschdoom)||2012-11-06||i1dxnm.zip|
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
Last updated on June 19, 2013.
This level contains six spawn points:
- facing north-west. (thing 259)
- facing north. (thing 263)
- facing south. (thing 273)
- facing west. (thing 274)
- facing south. (thing 275)
- facing south. (thing 283)